From bee stings to bike riding

Our day was full but not overwhelming! I still have yet to put together a post on our trip to Ethiopia...but bear with me, it will come! :)

Before I get to today...I wanted to share a picture with you from yesterday. Last night Samuel stood at the chalk board and wrote out ( a few backwards!) the beginning letters of the alphabet...I was so excited...I just had to share it with you! Today we went to the park with some friends from church...note to self:bring a towel next time we go to mop up Samuel and Caleb's faces...I have never seen so much sweat before!!!
Poor Caleb was stung by a bee while we were there...but thankfully, it does not appear he is allergic to bee stings! :)

This afternoon was pretty eventful, too! Samuel was just determined to ride his bike and he kept trying and trying and trying and trying...and he finally did it!!! He is ready for the road!!! I went out there to see the progress he was making and couldn't believe it when I saw Grace tightening the bolt on one of the training wheels for Caleb's bike. She literally put both training wheels on his bike all by herself! I never knew she had a mechanic's brain inside her pretty head...but I am going to have to enlist her help way more often from here on out!!!


On a side note...I just got a book in the mail yesterday called, "Womanly Dominion:more than a gentle and quiet spirit".
It's the newest "Girltalk" book that they will be discussing and they always have great picks so I am looking forward to diving into it...er...wadding into it! I'll be honest, reading has taken a backseat lately...I have not even been able to read the two latest copies of WORLD magazine which is one of my favorite ways to catch up on the news (from a Christian perspective) and something that I typically read from cover to cover! Part of me starts to feel that if I can't do all that I want when it comes to reading...why bother doing any! But the Spirit keeps prompting me that, even when time may seem to be short, I still need to keep up the discipline and habits of those things which encourage my walk with Christ...even if the length of time I do them is not what I might like it to be. Anyway...that's my rabbit trail for the night! :) See you tomorrow!

Comments

Michelle P said…
Those boys are really fast learners! And I cannot believe Grace put on the wheels...what a surprise! Maybe she got David's brains! :)
Ruth said…
We missed you tonight...hopefully you will get some much needed rest!
I also could use Grace's help when she gets a chance. :)
It's fun to see the determination in Samuel He really is awesome to watch!
Holly said…
Those boys are amazing! Uncle Nate is so proud of Grace! Maybe next time you go get the oil changed in the van you could have her watch and learn. Then she could do it for you! Lol!
For His Glory said…
I was CRACKING up what you said about your World Mag...Kristin, just TOSS (or pass)them, don't even stress over it, I did for a while then, I made myself get rid of at least 4 unread World Mags :)I felt RELEIVED ha ha...That was so cute, the chalkboard!! Little baby steps...And that new book looks good, darn you Kristin, I have enough good books, stop already!!
I was thinking the same thing, Holly, about the oil change!!!

And I am with you Michelle...believe me, those brains did not come from Bryan or I!
LOL! Go Grace! Did she use tools, too? Thanks for putting up all the pictures! It's so fun to see...and how exciting that Samuel is learning so quickly! You may want to raise the seat on his bike :). It looks a little low for him.

Love you!!!
That is so funny that you mention the bike seat...it needs to go up but we wanted him to feel comfortable on it first!
crystal said…
Sounds like things are in full swing lol!!I was laughing when you said you needed a towel for Samuel and Caleb!I wonder if there skin attracks more of the sun?I bet it does!They are so presious kristin!I cant believe Samuel got hhimself up and riding:)you have a little guys that keeps going until he can get it.I so want to meet them andd I love all the pictures I cant believe you find the time to blog but then again I love it because its the only way to see your family and feel close to you:)love you and Iam so Happy for your family and how the lord brought you guys together.