Update

This will be brief as I am typing from a "tiny" computer!:) I just wanted you all to know that my dad is out of surgery. He went in at about 2 pm, surgery started at 3 pm and he was done by 7 pm. He ended up having to have a quintuple bypass surgery (yep...5 arteries were clogged!). The surgery took about 4 hours. Dad looks good...he is asleep and still has a breathing tube. Mom and I are going to get dinner and will come back around 10 pm when they say he will be awake. They said the first 24 hours are the most critical...so we would continue to covet ALL your prayers!

The time as been precious...we had a wonderful time of prayer with his surgeon before he went in. We are praising the Lord for sparing my dad's life...and I will update more in the morning.

You can also go to www.carepages.com, fill out some information and then find my dad under "Pastor Bruce" so you can be updated a little bit more there.

Thanks again...God's peace that passes all understanding has truly guarded my mom and dad's minds (and mine) throughout the whole day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I meant to send you an email that I would love to come to the hospital and spend time/pray/whatever!

So good to hear that the surgery went well. I will continue to pray for his recovery.

Much love, Lori
Kimiko said…
Kristin,
Thanks to you and your mom for keeping us all updated throughout the day. You have no idea how much we have all appreciated it. We pray that God will bless the time you have with your parents before you have to leave tomorrow. We send our love to all three of you!

-James, Kimiko, and Hannah
Ruth said…
Good morning Kristin,

I did write you a rather long and emotional note to you when I read your post regarding your dad...but I never saw it, so not sure if you ever got it! But I did want you to know that I feel your pain, and I've been praying for your family, especially your father.

Don't have a lot of time for more now, but may email you later...

I did want you to know that I tried to find your dad on the website you set up...but never could! :(

Thank you for the update...I must have checked it several times yesterday for any news. We'll continue to lift you ALL up in prayer!

Love you!
Ruth
Anonymous said…
So thankful to hear the surgery went well. We will continue to pray for your Dad throughout his recovery. Drive safely coming home. Love Kelly
For His Glory said…
I was checking your blog all day yesterday, anxious to know how things were going...Then right before I came to shut off I checked one last time, and saw that you had posted! Praise the Lord everything went well! I can't believe how clogged his arteries were Kristin!!! WOW...I know it was so hard to see him afterwards...Them getting him to breath (taking deep breaths) was the hardest to watch for me...And then coughing, UGH!...It hurts them so badly...What a serious blessing that God gave him a Christian Doctor and you guys even prayed before hand! God is merciful! Anxious to hear the details!!
Wow... I am so glad to hear that he has come through an operation like this. Praise God! (and 5 arteries!!?? Geesh!!!) I will lift his recovery up in prayer right now!

Thanks for the update, Kristin! And glad to hear God's peace has kept you and your Mom during this day.