Tid Bits

Just 3 "tid-bits"...but I am excited enough about all of them to share the news with you too!:)


Sovereign Grace has put out another kid's CD just in time for summer! "Walking with the Wise" takes all of it's songs out of the book of Proverbs...and, if it's anything like all their other kid's CDs...it will quickly become a family favorite! It's on sale right now for $12 at Sovereign Grace Ministries.


My sister-in-law Kimiko and her sister Sumiko have just started a blog called "Near to Nothing". I'll let their own words give you a taste of what you'll see if you head over there (and I will be visiting their site regularly...I need all the tips I can get!)...

Welcome to Near to Nothing! We are two stay-at-home moms who enjoy the challenge of cooking nutritious and tasty meals on a tight budget. We have been asked to share our kitchen "secrets" on numerous occasions and realized that these are skills people want to learn, but there really isn't a forum from which people can learn. Therefore Near to Nothing was born! We will not only be sharing how we prepare affordable meals, but we'll also be sharing recipes, time-saving tips, information on kitchen gadgets, food preparation tips, and so much more!

Based on different family preferences and needs, we each have our own approach to affordable cooking and hope that, between the two of us, you will be able to find a method that suits your family's needs. We are passionate about what we do, and we're excited to share it with you. Our hope is that you will benefit from our experiences and that you, too, will be able to enjoy preparing healthy, delicious, and affordable meals at home!


The last thing is a bit more personal...but I am SO excited!!! After hours of editing, quirks and other hang-ups...I finally got my 2009 blog posts published!!! 270 pages later...I am really pleased with the results from blurb.com. Don't get me wrong, it definitely was a project...but one that, Lord willing, will be read by my children, grand-children, great-grandchildren...you get the idea!:) Truthfully, I can't wait to sit down myself and read and be reminded of all the things the Lord has taught me that I have already been quick to forget and all the ways He has been so very faithful!

Comments

For His Glory said…
I can't wait to check out Kimiko's new blog!! your book looks awesome!
Michelle P said…
Yeah! So glad you were able to figure out the quirks to finish the book! You better remember to pack it in your suitcase next week, or I will be very very sad. :)
Awesome! I am very excited to check out Kimiko & Sumiko's blog---sounds like fun!!--and I'm also very excited about how nicely your published blog-book turned out! That is something I definitely hope to do at some point in time, for the same reasons---to keep as a family record of all God has lead us through over the years and to be passed down (and enjoyed by me as well, as I reminisce over "life" these past couple of years!!)

I'm glad you shared that Blurb did a good job, because I know there are other publishers out there, and I want to make sure the end result will be a quality product (knowing how much time and work will have to go into uploading all this stuff on my end!!) :0)

thanks for sharing!
Ruth said…
Ooo Congratulations on your book! I KNOW how challenging they can be to make...but oh so worth it!! :D You and your family will love reading how God has worked in your lives. What a great way to share your testimony of God's grace & sovereignty with future generations!
What a blessing it will be to read your book and be reminded about all the things God has done. Thank you for telling me about it. I got my first one done in January. And thanks for letting me know about the CD I just down loaded it. And now I've got some new recipes to try.
Hugs
Matt5verse6 said…
Ooooh, the book idea is so cool. I'll have to check out the website you mentioned. :) Also, we just picked up our copy of the new Sovereign Grace children's CD on Sunday...and we love it! The church we have been attending is a Sovereign Grace plant and announced the CD Sunday, so, of course, we couldn't resist! :)
Laura said…
Kristen, I am one of the Tischer girls you used to babysit back in Vestal, NY. I'm a senior in college now and started a blog in April - a great way to keep in touch with family and friends while I'm away! I found your blog through Kimberly's and enjoy seeing and hearing what your family is up to : ) I remembered you had your blog published, and I'm planning to do the same with mine - it's going to be my project over Christmas Break! It will be neat to look back on in years to come. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Season!

-Laura