Why every woman should have a rocker chair in her room...


...okay, so maybe not every woman...but here are my reasons for having a chair in my room (these past 5 months) for the first time since being married:

1)No matter how old your kids get, they can still be rocked!:)

2)No matter how old you get, or how empty your lap may be, it still feels good to "rock"!

3)It's nice to have a place that "yours" in the midst of a house that often feels "taken over" by everyone else!

4)It's a great place to pray and spend time reading and meditating on the Word.

5)It's a great place to pray with and cuddle with your kids.

6)It's a great place to catch up with family and friends over the phone.

7)It's one of my favorite places to have my heart "be still and know that He is God" even while my leg keeps tapping the floor and the rest of my body sways in unison! (It's as close to "still" as my body gets!)

8)It's a great spot to shepherd the heart of your kid as they sit on the bed and you sit in your chair. It creates space as you work through issues and creates warmth as you draw them into your lap to go before the Lord together as the issue is resolved.

9)My chair has lots of padding and it's just about as comfortable as they come!

10)It's a whole lot better of a spot than trying to get some "space" by sitting on the toilet!:)

Comments

For His Glory said…
I've always loved your rocker chairs :) I might have to get my own after all those reasons you listed :)
Where did you get yours? Craig's List? :)
Anonymous said…
You are so funny. Unfortunately, my quiet place is the, ahem, water closet. :-)

I have been on the lookout for an inexpensive comfy chair for my room and have yet to find one. I have a favorite used furniture store I keep checking.