We really are alive!


I have to admit, I have been home for a week...but getting back "into the groove" after vacation is hard work!:) My almost 15 year old cousin, Brooklyn, came back with us and then my Aunt Sharon drove up on Friday...so, in some ways, I still felt a bit on vacation until they left yesterday! Or maybe it still felt a bit like vacation because of all the ways my cousin helped out! I can't begin to tell you what a precious encouragement she was to me! Here is an example: On Monday morning, before they left, I went out to coffee with my aunt. That, in and of itself, was a blessing because Brooklyn watched the kids and it was so nice to get out for a little bit...but she went way beyond that and, with the help of the kids, cleaned the house for me!!!!!
Yes...she is my cousin and, no...you cannot have her!:) Miss you BOTH so much!

Okay...so, rewind a couple of weeks back to vacation! It was truly wonderful! The beach house was beautiful and the view was amazing but, honestly, we could have been anywhere and it still would have been just as much fun simply because we were together! I LOVED having so much time to interact with my favorite people...my family. The more I get to know them, the more I love them. The more I watch them and listen to them, the more I thank God that He saw fit to place me in "The Parker Family" and that He has so graciously grown us with wonderful "in-laws". My sisters-in-law and my brother-in-law are just precious people!!!
There are so many memories from our trip that have found a permanent place in my heart because they are full of the people who hold a piece of my heart! God gave us a special time together full of lots of laughter, learning more about each other, celebrating Samuel and Caleb's one year anniversary home with us, way too much food, great coffee, times of praise and worship...together and individually, conversations of depth and small talk, a campfire on the beach, exercise and a lack of it!,pool games, sweating it out in the sauna, shell collecting and wave jumping, dinner out without the kids (thanks Brooklyn!) and, did I mention laughter?!:)
We also had the opportunity to hire a photographer while we were there. The process, in and of itself...getting 22 people into one place at one time, getting little ones to smile who wanted to do anything BUT smile, praying God would calm the wind like He did in the Bible and hoping at least ONE shot had everyone looking!...created lots of memories all on it's own!:)But I have to say that, what we have seen of the results so far, captured the moments beautifully! (And, it's all the pictures you might be seeing for a while because I can't find the cord that goes from my camera to the computer!)




Comments

Ruth said…
Love, Love, LOVE the pictures!!! So glad that you had such an awesome "holiday!" I missed your post...but completely understand!
Welcome HOME! Missed you and your posts but rejioce with you for the wonderful time you all had away with family. God is so good, all the time! <3
Great pics, wonderful memories. What a gift to have been able for all to be together.
For His Glory said…
Oh how gorgeous those are Kristin! And way to take advantage of the opportunity while you were all together!
Anonymous said…
hi, my soon to be sister in law, lisa kuhn told me about your family because my husband and i are in the process of adopting from ethiopia. we would love any advice you have for us! you can check out our blog if you would like, we just accepted a referral for twin 3 year old boys. here is the link:http://junketwiththeschmidts.blogspot.com/
Kristin Cheney said…
Such awesome photos!!!! Looks like you have an awesome time!

Happy Birthday!!!!!
Oh Kristin---What BEAUTIFUL photos of you and your family!! WOW!!

I am so happy for you for the great memories you made. And wow---what a gal that Brooklyn is! God bless that servant heart of hers! :0)
Glad you're back, and looking forward to reading your regular posts once again. (I've missed them!) :0)
Matt5verse6 said…
I love, love, love the pictures! Praying all is well.

Much love,
Brook
The picture are wonderful and look like a life time of memories. I know they are on you wall.