It's Pizza Friday...and Chocolate Chip Bars!


A few months ago I posted about an easy pizza dough recipe that I found. It got even easier when I finally realized that I could "whip it up" in my Kitchen Aid (I'm a bit slow at catching on to the wonders of the Kitchen Aid I was given!). I have also tried making the dough by replacing the flour for ALL whole wheat flour and I am impressed with the texture and flavor!

Anyway, my friend, Cindy, gave me an unbelievably easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies in bar form. They have the texture and flavor of shortbread and cookie all in one and they are so simple you can make them up while the pizza is baking in the oven and throw them in when the pizza comes out! My kids love them!

So...here is the recipe...I think I will cut back on the butter by a 1/4 of a cup next time and they were done in about half of the time that is listed...but our oven seems to be on the "fritz".:)

****Do not cut back on the butter...it was not one of my best ideas!:)******

Happy Friday!

Chocolate Chip Bars

1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
Cream together well then add:

1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 cup of chocolate chips

Press into a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes

So simple, huh?!:)

Comments

Yummy! Thanks for sharing that recipe! We'll have to give it a try tonite! :)
It sounds good already. I think I might use these for Birthday cookies this week. Thanks
For His Glory said…
mmmmm....gotta try this one...thanks!!