What am I managing?


Today was one of those days that did not go how I planned. Not that I had big plans, I just didn't plan on spending a couple of hours looking for a car title that, it appears, may actually be in the hands of our Canadian car insurance, after all (thanks to my husbands careful reading when he got home!).

My filing cabinet looks much tidier than it did when I woke up this morning but that was not how I planned to spend my time! And it was as I was fighting to take my thoughts captive and not give way to frustration and sinning in my own heart that I found this quote amidst the papers (in fact, I am pretty sure I have shared it before in a post):

"I have had to learn to manage my purpose for each day and not my time."

How fitting, huh?! And what a sweet comfort to be reminded that the goal of my day, the priority above all priorities, and my ultimate purpose never changes no matter how my time ends up being "spent"...it's to glorify God. It's to honor Him in my actions (I Cor. 10:31), my words, and the meditations of my heart (Psalm 19:14)!

Comments