Meditations from the bathroom


There is a quote up in my parents bathroom that I can't help but look at everyday when I am in there ( lets face it, we all end up in there at some point each day...maybe we should all have quotes and verses hung and taped up for meditation :) ). Anyway, after 10 days at my parents house, it has started to become very familiar and very dear the more I think about it. Before I go any farther, here is the quote:

"O Lord, Thou didst strike my heart with Thy word and I loved Thee."

The quote reminds me of the picture (above) of a flame that Bryan took a couple of days ago....a flame that was ignited by the strike of a match. How much greater and more brilliant is the work of Christ on my dead heart to ignite in me a love and passion for Him...and He did it through His Word ("...so then, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word." Romans 10:17). My prayer is that God's Word would become - to my heart - more glorious and more beautiful in 2009 then any year gone by and that my time of reading and study would overflow in deep love for Christ and for those around me!

Comments