Thoughts from the Car

I was driving home today from Costco (by myself!!) listening to Christmas music and the words of one of the songs hit me in such a way that made my eyes well up and I had to listen to it all over again when it was done. Now, mind you, I have the song basically memorized...it is not new to me at all...but I had gotten so familiar with the words that I missed the meaning, if that makes sense.
I wanted to share the words with you:

"God has sent His greatest treasure
Shown His love in greatest measure
Sending Christ to bleed and suffer
Purchasing our joy forever
Let the earth rejoice
O come and lift your voices

Christ the Lord is born today
He came from Heaven's throne
God is born a man today
To bring His children home


There are sacrifices that anyone who seeks to adopt has to make in order to bring their children home and we are learning what that is all about. But what blows my mind away, above all, is the sacrifice God made by killing His Son on the cross, so that we might be able to call God our Father and Heaven our home. In light of that, our Christmas celebration, Jesus' birthday, should be the greatest celebration of each year....let us rejoice!!!

To hear a part of this song and others that we have grown to love click here!

Comments