Whiter than snow


The kids and I made it to Hood River yesterday morning. It wasn't the original plan (my mom and sister were supposed to come and visit) but the weather has been amazingly snowy and we felt it would be best if I headed west instead of them coming to us. We left first thing Saturday morning, in between storms, and the typical 2 hour trip took almost 4 hours but we made it safe and sound! Almost 3 feet of snow has fallen at my parents and the kids have been having a great time playing in it. We miss Daddy and we are praying that he will be able to safely make it here on Christmas Eve.
The snow is also a sweet reminder to me of Isaiah 1:18: "...though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..." The snow, here, has covered everything. Even the tracks that little footsteps left a couple of hours ago cannot be seen anymore. It's as if they were never there. Praise God for His precious grace and the joyful truth that our sins our covered in the blood of Christ and we are new creatures in Him. It's a truth I need to preach to myself every day...a truth that makes the snow that much more beautiful!



The video is a little dark, but Titus' giggles were too sweet not to post! The kids were actually sledding right into the street!

Comments