Entering the world of music!



Today Micah had his first guitar lesson (thanks to the virtual academy we have signed up with as we home school) and we found out that his $30 guitar is just not ever going to make pretty music :) So we headed to the local music store when the lesson was over to buy a "real" guitar (thanks, once again, to Columbia Virtual Academy)!
Micah is so excited and, for those of you who know him well, determined to have it all figured out in a couple of weeks! :) I believe the Lord will use this to teach him some serious perseverance! Titus was the benefactor of Micah's old guitar (the teacher tried to tune it as best as possible) and we have already had quite the concert going on in our living room! :)

Comments

Paul said…
Can't wait to see you all, I'm so excited for Micah considering music is one of my favorite things!! Way to go Micah. I'll be calling him or he might be calling me in tears wanting to give up, ha ha. Send him my way.
Holly said…
ooooh....have fun with that! :)
Be sure to send me his first album!
Matt5verse6 said…
Fun stuff!!! Hey, you guys joined a virtual academy too? How do you like yours?
The Nanny said…
Micah: Nanny took guitar lessons for a while. Your fingers will get a little sore, but that will pass. When we come out, you'll have to give us a concert. Practice, Micah, and God will reward you! It takes work, and I know you're up to it! WAY TO GO MICAH ! ! !
For His Glory said…
Oh Yea, I know how long you've been talking about getting him into the guitar!! We'll have to get him and Kalani together and have them write some somgs (hee hee)
Muddy said…
Micah's combination of ability, yearning to learn, and dedication to the struggle of learning have impressed me more than anyone I have personally known. The combination of desire, ability and dedication that he has is a great gift that will serve him well in all areas of his life. It has been a great joy to watch as he works to get the notes in his head onto the guitar, and the notes on the page into his head.

He really came a long way in his first year of music studies. I will miss our weekly time together.

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, so I can experience a little of all his positive energy, as he makes his way along the path.

Mr. Lowry