My own Jerusalem

"...you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching..." Acts 5:28

I read those words spoken to the apostles by the high priest and my heart rejoiced to see how amazingly and quickly God used the apostles to spread His truth to the point that they were accused by the high priest of FILLING Jerusalem with it...no small task!!!
Sometimes I can't help but think that there is so much more I could be doing for Christ and for the spread of the gospel...to the point that I feel frustrated and guilty for not doing more and bigger things.
Foolish woman I am!!! I have my own Jerusalem...it's called my home. And God has called me to fill my home...my kids... with HIS teaching: "You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deuteronomy 6:7
My calling is to live the couple of verses before Deut. 6:7 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart." The only way for me to fill my home with God's precious teaching is if He is the priority of my heart and if I am renewing myself, daily, with His Word. After all, "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."(Matt. 12:34)

Comments

Clark Family said…
Thanks for the often needed reminder about our Jerusalem! By the end of the day, I feel like all I've done is feed children, change diapers, clean snotty noses, and get everyone back in bed to start over the next day. But this is where God has called me right now, and therefore, this is where I can most glorify Him. --Sumiko
So true, Sumiko! It was good to see you comment!!! Hard to believe the twins will be one soon! :)