The power of God



"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light." Genesis 1:3

"For God, Who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. " 2 Corinthians 4:6

When I look around at creation (especially on days like today when the "freezing fog" has covered everything in a beautiful coat of white ice) and I read passages of Scripture like Genesis 1, I can't help but stand in awe of the power of God. He simply spoke and everything we see was created. And the more I meditate on the power of God the more a verse like 2 Cor. 4:6 amazes me. The same power that spoke the world into existence lives inside of me through the person hood of the Holy Spirit! There is nothing impossible for me to do if God is calling me to do it. Cleaning my house, cooking, doing the laundry, schooling my children, shepherding their hearts, seeking to meet my husbands needs above my own...and so much more...God commands me to do it with joy and a thankful heart...and He has given me the power to do it through the Holy Spirit.
Lord, I echo the Puritans: "Nothing exceeds Thy power, nothing it too great for Thee to do, nothing is too good for Thee to give. Infinite is Thy might, boundless Thy love, limitless Thy grace, glorious Thy saving name...I ask great things of a great God."

Comments

Chrissy said…
Thanks for that very well Spoken Reminder :)
For His Glory said…
IS that an actual picture you took of how it looks??!! It's beautiful and looks really cold brrrrrr...!!
Talk Shop said…
Yes it is a picture I (bryan) actually took - and I am sure you will steal it and put it along side my other picture on your blog : )
For His Glory said…
Um, first of all Bryan, I did not "steal" your picture, it was given to me on a disk by...YOU! After our family Tahoe trip together!!! Let's just remember you are not the designer of the image taken in this pic...This image that GOD created is what I was facinated with, not your "pic"...So there!