We are out of here!

Tomorrow afternoon we are headed to Seattle (a first for me and the kids). Bryan and I have a free night at the Westin Hotel (thank you American Express!) and Uncle David, Aunt Michelle and Uncle Paul (who is living with them right now) have kindly agreed to watch the kiddos! We try to get away at least once a year for our anniversary (January 3) and this year it's for Bryan's birthday too (January 31) :)

Friday includes a visit to Trader Joes (boy do I miss that place!) and then Michelle and I are tagging up with some friends of hers from church and my mom and a couple of ladies from her church to attend a women's conference. The guest speaker is Elyse Fitzpatrick (author of a great book I am reading right now, "Helper by Design: God's perfect plan for women in marriage" ). The topic is "Am I My Sister's Keeper" as it relates to the discipleship relationship we are to have with each other. I am really looking forward to some sweet fellowship.

Saturday, after the conference, we are headed to Bea's house for dinner. She is a co-worker of my sister-in-laws who also happens to be Ethiopian!!! I can't wait spend time over there....watching, asking questions and just becoming a bit more familiar with the foods and customs that Ethiopians hold dear!

I promise to take lot of pictures (or to at least ask Bryan to :) ) and share them with you on the blog when we get back!

Comments

Matt5verse6 said…
I hope you have a fabulous trip. :) Can't wait to hear how it went when you get back. :)
Chrissy said…
Hope you guys have a wonderful time....can't wait to see pictures :)