"Can I pray for you?"


Have you ever had a day where you can't even stand yourself...but you can't get away from you like everyone else can?!!!! Instead, there I was stuck with my own sinful wretchedness and praying like crazy (in the garage!) for God to clean my heart out and renew a right spirit within me!

I woke up after too few hours of sleep (and broken sleep at that...Faith was having a string of bad dreams)to arguing and fighting and that soon spilled over into a fighting in my own spirit over my flesh. Enter homeschooling into the equation where everyone (but Micah) could not get a grasp on concepts they had already learned...and I couldn't preach to myself fast enough. I felt anger rising in my heart and spilling over in words of serious frustration. (To be honest, it's humbling even to write about it and share it with you!).

In the midst of the storm clouds of sin...a ray of light shone through...a ray of God's grace...and her name was FAITH! My sweet daughter, who I had sinned against just moments before came up to me, put her arm around my shoulder and said, "Mom, I can tell that you are frustrated and you are not being patient; can I pray for you right now?"...and that is exactly what she did. With precious words and a gentle voice she prayed on my behalf for God's strength and help. She ended with a big kiss to my cheek and an "I love you, Mommy".

Honestly, I am getting choked up just writing about it. To have my little 6 year old display the love and compassion of Christ to me (in spite of my lack of both toward her) was both beautiful and humbling. And that is exactly where God needed me to be...humbled and broken over my sin, yet amazed at the beauty of God's forgiveness and grace. Thank you, Faith, for being used by God to point Mommy back to the cross! I love you Sweet Pea!

Comments

That is just absolutely precious. Praise the Lord for His work in each of your children's lives...and you have been a big tool in that work! I miss you all!!
For His Glory said…
Wow my eyes just teared up as I imagined the scene...Only God would deal with us with that kind of grace and mercy when we clearly don't deserve it...That is what motivates us to turn from our sin, HIs Grace and Mercy!! Thank you for being honest and in turn blessing our hearts :)........
Michelle P said…
Kristin,
That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your frustrations and blessings. I'm so thankful to get to share in the blessings that God brings you through the kids...I had some tears welling up too! That moment truly was a "precious moment"! :)
Oh wow ... Tissue, please!! I got choked up reading that, Kristin!!

I think because I can relate to having those kinds of days when my heart is definitely not right, and the junk unfortunately (and unfairly) overflows onto my children (funny... I even used those exact words that you used, not long ago, when BEGGING God to get the YUCK out of my heart--please "renew a right spirit within me"!!)

He is faithful, and loves you so much! How wonderful that He used your daughter in this way, to bless you...!
Anonymous said…
It is obvious that you have been a wonderful example to Faith. We all trip and fall. How you were handling that - by removing yourself and going to the Lord and asking Him to rescue you is also a great testimony to your children. As they watch, they figure out how they can handle things when they stumble.
Thanks, Kaylee, for reading!! :) Thanks for all your sweet words and your encouragement as we all fight the battle together! Linda...I love your new "picture" for when you comment! :)