Grace's first piano lesson


Grace had her first piano lesson today (thanks again to Columbia Virtual Academy). Her teacher, Mrs. Albee, is precious and very patient and I know that Grace is going to love each and every lesson....and so are we. Her piano is in the same room as the couch that all of us (me, Micah, Faith and Titus) sat one while we waited for her. Micah quickly had a gleam in his eye as he let me know he was going to watch and listen closely so he could learn to play the piano too! And, I'll be honest, I was pretty fascinated myself! :)
Grace informed me afterwards that she was shaking the whole time but that she had so much fun! If you know Grace, that sounds just like her...my sweet, sensitive girl!
The kids are already making plans to form a band! The thought of that much noise in our little house is a bit overwhelming...but I have a feeling I can convince them to put on some outdoor concerts for our neighbors as soon as the weather gets a little warmer :)

PS....I had to make sure the pictures I took showed you how many stools we had to use in order to make sure Grace could properly play and also have her feet touching the ground at the same time! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are precious pictures! So, where is the drum set for your son? ha ha That would be the instrument that I wouldn't be able to take!
Carrie said…
So cute. She'll have to play me a song next time I'm over. I only took lessons for a few years, and I always wished I could've taken more. She'll be greatful that she had the opportunity....and maybe....just maybe....she'll be a famous concert pianist one day and you'll be laughing at the sweet pictures with all the stools.
Holly said…
Is that at your house? and is she in her pj's?
Nice picture, Carrie! :)
And, yes...the keyboard is actually in our kitchen, Holly :) The way I see it, I might have a good excuse to not cook all the time if they keep having "band practice" in the kitchen...it may be a joyful noise to the Lord...but it is quite the noise :)
And yes...PJ's it is...it was bedtime when Bryan got back from refereeing and we set up the keyboard really quick for her!
For His Glory said…
Wow, What a big Girl...She must be thrilled!