"I like your strech marks!"


If any of you know my daughter Grace, than you know that all she wants to do is grow up, get married and be a mommy. She would like nothing more than for me to HAVE another baby right now! Since that is just not a reality (at least not one coming out of my belly!), she has turned her affections on our little dog Tessie. Tessie weighs about 7 lbs. and is about the average length of a newborn baby (give or take a few inches). And, aside from the massive amount of black hair all over her body, you might often think she WAS a baby. She gets put in Grace's baby stroller and is strolled all over the house, Grace holds her like a baby and rocks her back and forth like any good mom would. And, I have even had to rescue Tessie on a couple of occasions from the onesie that is not only on her but SNAPPED into place!:)( I should have taken a picture first!). I thank God for that little dog and the joy she has brought to Grace's nurturing heart!

The reason I share all this...besides the fact that it really is pretty funny :)...is that Grace notices anything baby related and truly finds great delight in it. Tonight it was my stretch marks. My shirt apparently got stuck on a couple rolls of fat (and YES...I do have fat rolls!) and exposed part of my side. Either side would have worked..you can see stretch marks on both.:) Grace was sitting next to me as we waited for Daddy and family devotions...and she touched my side and blurted out sweetly,"Mom, I like your stretch marks".

Do you know how often I have thought how neat it would be to NOT have stretch marks, let alone actually LIKING them. But leave it to my darling daughter to remind me that my stretch marks were created as God created life in my womb...resulting in 5 gracious gifts from God! So today I propose that we rename stretch marks and give them a more fitting definition...grace marks! Not after my daughter, Grace...but after the grace of God displayed not only in our salvation and in every breath we take...but in the knitting of our precious lambs, HIS lambs, in our wombs!

Comments

Chrissy said…
Grace is such a sweetheart!! To see things through a child's eye's can be so refreshing sometimes... Thanks for sharing :)
that is hilarious and oh so adorable! I have to ask...is it really warm up there, I have noticed in both of your recent pictures that the girls are wearing tank tops? I would have thought it would still be cold up there??
Nope...you figured me out...they are old pictures that I just pulled from my "computer collection" :)
For His Glory said…
Seriously...What a week full of sweet fruit and blessings from the mouth of babes in your home Kristin!
Clark Family said…
I'm glad I'm not the only one!! When I gave birth to Lukas (7 lb. 5 oz.) and Koda (7 lb. 10 oz.) I weighed 185 lbs. and my waist was 48". Needless to say, I have some pretty extensive stretch marks as well as what I call "twin skin." Keanna absolutely loves my "Jell-o belly." I figure the twins were given to us to prepare my body for the triplets that Keanna says we're having next. =-)
5 Cougs said…
Such a wonderful story! Seriously, you shoul write a column for the paper!
crystal said…
Thats way cute,sweet and funny!!You are teaching her well!!what a good mommy looks like.
Matt5verse6 said…
Grace is so precious!!! Do you keep a scrapbook or journal for each of the children? This is stuff Grace should have, to remember, when she is a teenager and struggling with her own sin (not that I think Grace is going to struggle a lot or anything but we all struggle with sin...especially teenagers!). It is so beautiful and I feel would be a beautiful reminder to her someday (if she happens to need a reminder). :) I hope I'm adequately putting my feelings into words and not just rambling offensively. :)
What a sweet post!--And what a sweet heart, that Grace!

I like Brook's idea, by the way. What a neat thing to try and record some of these things that are said, from each of our children. (I know... making the time is definitely a challenge!)

There is a website that publishes Blog posts into book form--- Just an idea, too, if this is of interest to you. I plan to do this (someday!) with my family's blog, to preserve the memories in hard-copy.
That is actually what got me blogging in the first place, Linda. I heard I could get it "published" into a book to keep...it's more fun for me to blog than just journal with my paper and pen :)