Some of our favorites

Last week I posted on some of our favorite children's material and today I thought I would highlight a few of our personal favorites. This is by no means an exhaustive list...it's really just a peak into a shelf in our library :) If you have some of your own favorites you want to share, comment away!

Bryan's top 3:
"God's Passion for His Glory" by John Piper
"The Book on Leadership" by John MacArthur
"Relegious Affections" by Jonathan Edwards

Bryan's top 3 Parenting books:
"Everyday Talk" by John Younts
"Successful Christian Parenting" by John MacArthur
"Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp

OUR top 3 Marriage books:
"When Sinners Say I Do" by Dave Harvey *on sale now*
"Sweethearts for a Lifetime" by Wayne Mack
"Love That Lasts" by Gary and Betsy Ricucci *on sale now*
(can't wait to read our most recent purchase..."Tying the Knot Tighter" by Martha Peace and John Crotts)

Kristin's top 3:
"Respectable Sins" by Jerry Bridges
"Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper
"A Gospel Primer" by Milton Vincent

Kristin's top parenting books (for moms):
"Don't Make Me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman
"Heaven at Home" by Ginger Plowman

Kristin's top "Godly Wife/Mom" books :):
"The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace
"Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney *on sale now*
"Fearlessly Feminine" by Jani Ortlund
"Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth Prentiss (It's actually a fiction book...but it is truly beautiful and has encouraged me immensly in my walk with Christ)

And for you homeschooling ladies: "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit" by Teri Maxwell" :)

And just in case you feel overwhelmed at the thought of reading even one book...I encourage you to take a quick peek at the encouraging words of John Piper and Donald Whitney on this subject.

Comments

For His Glory said…
I used to seriously "hate" reading...But God revealed himself to us in words, so if I wanted to grow as a Christian there was no excuses for me to "hate" reading anymore...It's like anything else I had to learn to love it! Now I can't live without it...I am also trying to train my children to love reading too! May we as believers be thankful for our freedom in America to have access to every type of christian media there is and to indulge ourselves in it! Thanks for the ideas Kristin! And Bryan too :)