A Song for the Ride

Yesterday, as we were making our beautiful drive to Hood River, we also listened to a new CD, "Come Weary Saints". It was one of the purchases from the Sovereign Grace Ministries sale that ends today ( so, if you still want something, better head over there! :))

One of the songs, in particular, was especially sweet to my soul and the prayer I want to sing each day of my life. I think you might feel the same way to after reading the words to "As long as You are glorified":

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just got that CD on their sale too! I put it in my player in the family room and listened to it - along with the others I bought from them. I haven't had time to REALLY listen and catch all the words.
Matt5verse6 said…
Wendy gave me this CD for my birthday and I love it! Before I received Wendy's fabulous gift I had also downloaded a few songs from the "Looked Upon" album and "Psalms" album! Love them too! I keep them in the car...for road trips long and short. :)

P.S. Lovin' your Hood road trip posts!!! And wishin' I was riding with you guys! :)

Much love!
Amen! What great thoughts (truths!) to share with us, from that song. Good encouragement.

Hmmm... Looks like I should've picked up that CD as well, during that AMAZING Sale!!

(By the way, thanks again, Kristin, for introducing me to Sovereign Grace ministies, for the solid-Biblical resources (both music and books) that I have either borrowed or bought on-line. What a blessing they have been, and continue to be, for my family and me!)
I am just thankful to have heard about such a great resource as Sovereign Grace!!!
Glad you are all enjoying it :)
Lori, I know what you mean about having it on...but not necessarily listening and catching the words!

Brook....my next set of "listening" in the car is a bunch of women's ministry messages given a few years ago to the ladies during the Sheperd's Conference. They have made all the messages free!