A song to share while we wait

We watched "Fireproof" this past weekend and we were so impressed!!! It was a blessing to see the gospel so beautifully shared on the "Big Screen"! If you have not watched it, I would highly encourage you to make it a movie choice for your next movie night.
Anyway, one of the songs on the movie spoke exactly to how Bryan and I feel and how we are seeking to handle this time of waiting for our precious Ethiopian children! I wanted to share the words with you...and (thanks to my dear friend Wendy's help!) you can listen to them as you read. They are on the CD, "John Waller: The Blessing"

While I’m Waiting
Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah 30:18, Lamentations 3:24
John Waller

"The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written
a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people
who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait.
Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.”

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

Comments

Chrissy said…
That Movie Was Great!!! We made a date night out of it a few weeks ago, and like you we walked away from it very blessed....I loved that song to I bought it on itunes right after we watched the movie:)
That is exactly what I did, too!!! :)
Matt5verse6 said…
Fabulous song. Thank you for sharing your heart. :) I will be praying. :) Sending you lots of love!
Kimiko said…
So while I was watching the movie and heard this song, I thought the guy sounded like a band I liked in High School and have a CD of, named According to John, and then you posted and since his name is John I figured I would google it. Sure enough it's the same guy, I have the CD "Greater Things", I really enjoy it, great lyrics.

James