What fun!





Today, all the kids got to roller skating for the first time ever! We were invited to a roller skating party and the kids all had so much fun. Micah won the award for the most bruises by the time he was done, Grace won the award for shaking and skating (really well!) all at the same time :), Faith won the "I didn't give up even though I wanted to" award and Titus won the award for the fastest 4 year old learner that I have ever known! It was wonderful watching the kids try something new, (that wasn't necessarily easy) and walking away having persevered and having a blast at the same time!
After the party, we hurried home to put some food into our bellies and then it was off to watch Bryan referee a basketball game. He refereed volleyball in the fall and is now at the tail end of basketball and we still had not seen him in action...so we were all excited to see one of the ways he works so hard to take care of us and provide for us! Micah, bless his heart, wanted to make a sign for Bryan that he could wave in the air at the game that said, "YOU ROCK, DAD!", but we thought it might not be the wisest idea :) It ended up that all my kids found a different way to embarrass their daddy!
The football coach (who also goes to our church) at the school Bryan was refereeing at, came up and sat by my kids and lead them in a cheer...Give me a "B" B!!! Give me a "R" R!!!! Give me a "Y" Y!!! Give me an "A" A!!! Give me a "N" N!!!! What does that spell? BRYAN!!!! My kids were giggling up a storm and my dear husband was trying to pretend he didn't hear them :) I do believe he may be one of the only referee's who has ever had an actual cheering section in the game of basketball! Thankfully, the fans thought it was cute and Bryan's judgement was not affected, although the game was a close one! :)

Comments

For His Glory said…
Awe...I loved rollerskating at the roller rink when I was a little girl!! Kalani is actually saving her money to buy a pair of roller skates too!! How fun!
Holly said…
That's awesome! The boys and I are going roller skating on Saturday with our church. Zac has gone before, but Kyler hasn't,so he's very excited to "teach" Kyler how to do it! I must say though, I wasn't as good at it as I remember being. Oh well...
Alisha Bowers said…
Roller skating is wayyyy funn I am glad you guys enjoy it has much as I use to. How are you I miss you so much!
Xoxo alisha ( Tonys sister )
Alisha Bowers said…
Aww thanks. Yeah she is our little cutie! And you are very welcome!
Anonymous said…
Rachael was 3 years old when she went to see her daddy umpire a Baseball game. While some fans were "booing" and others were plain disgusted...our daughter kept cheering for her daddy. "Yeah Daddy!" A few people thought it was cute...but in Rachael's enthusiasm she fell through the bleachers (her Grandpa was "suppose" to be watching her :), but was distracted for the moment.). After landing from 5 feet off the ground, she cried, received a "dent" in her cheek (which is now an adorable dimple...still 21 years latter) and actually stopped game play. NOT because the umpire called it...but because one of the coaches saw it happen and thought MAYBE her daddy might want to check her out! Well, being the "professional" he was her father knew she was okay, let her grandfather console her...and yelled "play ball." Needless to say, we ALWAYS knew he'd make a great ump...he doesn't see or hear anything the crowd says or does...including his daughter's cheers :)
Aren't Daddy's AWESOME!