A Different Spirit

"But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land into which he went and his descendants shall possess it." Numbers 14:24

The Israelites had been sentenced to 40 years of wandering in the wilderness as they waited for those 20 years of age and older to die off. They had rebelled against the Lord and disbelieved His promise that He would take them into the Promise Land. All, that is, but two men....Joshua and Caleb. Joshua would end up being called to lead the Israelites and we see the high commendation from God that Caleb received in the verse above.

My heart can't help but cry out that God could say those words of me, too! That I have a different spirit...a heart that beats, not for itself, but for Jesus Christ. That my attitude, actions and words declare a bold trust in God's plan for my life...even in the midst of "giants". That I, like Caleb, would obey not only when it's easy and I can see the immediate benefits...but also when it's scary and I am blinded from even seeing where my next step will land.

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8

Comments

Amen. That is my prayer, too, Kristin. That my life would be about bringing glory to God, not about sneaking through life, with the minimal negative impact of myself. I am finding it tough these days, to deal with the attitudes, issues and ugliness that bombards me..........I "feel" it all very deeply. Your blog is another in the reminders that He keeps giving me.........it's not about ME....it's about HIM! Thanks for the reminder.