ROAD TRIP!!!


After the busyness of getting ready for the fundraiser last week, you'd think this would be the week to recover and settle back into our routine...not this crazy Pichura Family! :) When our dear friends in Northern California offered to pay our gas so we could come visit them, how could we say no?!!!:) We would probably have waited a week or so to go, but minor league baseball practices are starting up for Micah and we like to follow the model of Jim Elliot when he said, "Wherever you are, be all there!". (Of course, that also explains why we don't do too many extracurricular activities...we'd be such a poor example for the Lord trying to keep up with 4 kids and their busy schedules...so we just don't let them have too much of a schedule and, instead, seek to keep the main thing (Christ and His body, the church) the main thing!:) )

Therefore, I, as principle of the PFA (Pichura Family Academy) do hereby deem it daylight savings time break and we (the kids and I) are off to California in the morning!:) Now, to be honest, although I may seem a bit lighthearted right now...it's only because everything is pretty much ready to go after I spent the day running around like a chicken with my head cut off (who ever thought of that analogy?...it's actually kinda gross to think about!).

So, my posts may be a little bit more sporadic than they normally are but I have some neat things to share with you about clouds and prostitutes (!) and who knows what else so keep checking the blog this week anyway!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was just wondering if the PFA is hiring any music or Library teachers? I always wanted to be part of an Academy! I can have my resume emailed :)
Just remember...I applied first!
Seriously...you have a great time and break...it might be the only one for a long time!
Clark Family said…
We are so excited that we will get the chance to see you while you are here!! Hannah, Keanna, Lukas, and Koda can't wait to play with Micah, Grace, Faith, and Titus.

I was thinking the other day that we haven't seen any pictures that Faith has taken with her digital camera. I would love to see the world through Faith's eyes! Perhaps she can be your road trip photojournalist?

Also, my mom was once chaced by a chicken with its head cut off. =-)

Drive safely!!
Matt5verse6 said…
I'm so excited and thankful God has provided a means for you to be able to take this trip! I can't wait to see you guys!!!
Anonymous said…
Hi Pichura Family - We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia as well & we are using CWA too! I just started our blog so you can check us out at foleyfamilyadoptionjourney.blogspot.com. Goodluck!!!!
Ruth...we could always use a music teacher!!! :) I wish that were my strong suit...but it is not!

And, Mary, thanks for stopping in and checking out our blog! :) I got to check out your blog too! Who knows...maybe we will end up in Ethiopia the same time! :)

See you tomorrow, Sumiko!
See you soon, Brook, too!!! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.