Thoughts to ponder


We had a guest speaker, Dr. Art Azurdia, at our church this past Sunday. I met him for the first time that day...but he is a name I have heard many times before and, in fact, my dad taught his class for him at Western Theological Seminary a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, Dr. Azurdia taught on the story of Rahab, the prostitute, and it was a precious, convicting, encouraging, Bible-saturated message that really blessed my heart!

I am not going to try to type out his message for you all, although I wish I could....actually, if you have some extra time and you are trying to figure out how to wisely use it...click HERE! You can listen to it yourself! What I would like to do is just give you a few sentences from his message that have caused me to think and ponder and meditate!

The truth is, as I read a book or listen to a message, etc., I often walk away feeling so frustrated with myself and my lack of comprehension of what I am reading or listening to. But I am learning that I need to START those times PRAYING that God would help me to learn what He wants me to learn...to remember and cling to specific truths that I read and hear. And then, to trust that God is going to use the Holy Spirit...my Helper...to accomplish His will in my life and transform me a little bit more day by day into HIS likeness!

So, here are some bite size pieces for you!

1)We cannot NOT sin...we are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners!

2)Rahab is always listed in the Bible as "the prostitute"...not to demean her but to lift high the grace of God and HIS power in her life!

3)Faith, in and of itself, has no value...the value is the object in which you place your faith.

4)Grace is the root out of which emerges the fruit of faith.

5)For all people God does somethings. For some people God does all things.

Just pick even one of these truths, search the scriptures, meditate on them, wrestle with the statements made...and feel free to post your comments or even you questions. Each statement deserves it's own post, truly!

Comments

For His Glory said…
So this is what you do on my computer when I'm not looking! I guess it would be considered using your time wisely :)...Those were some great truths to ponder. I loved the one about "Faith"...today everyone uses that term so flipintly. Everyone in America "has Faith", but faith in what???