A time to weep

For one of the first times ever, I sit here looking at a blank screen to fill with words and I don't know exactly what to say. On Saturday, my Grandpa took his life. To be honest, tears seem to come more easily than words as I sit here right now. Grief over what was and is no longer. Pain in my heart and deep sorrow for my Grandma and my mom and aunt. A feeling of helplessness at not being able to do anything.

But I know that the helpless feeling that I feel is not rooted in the Word of God. There is one thing I can do and I humbly ask all of you to join me in doing so.

PLEASE PRAY! God's Word says in James 5:16b that "The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." And, it seems fitting to close this post with a prayer...so, would you join me...

Dear Lord,

You say in Ecclesiastes that there is a time to weep and a time to mourn. This is one of those times and the tears that have been shed are too great to count and I know there are many more still to come and yet, even those tears, are in Your bottle...written in Your book. This situation is not bigger than You nor has it slipped from Your grasp. You hem us (and this situation) in, behind and before. You have laid your hand upon us. Your plans have not come to ruin but continue to stand as strong as they always have. Both woe and well being proceed from Your mouth and I pray that we would all find ourselves echoing with Job, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." You are still and always will be our precious Savior...our Sovereign One! You are working out all things for our good and for Your glory. Glorify Your name, Lord!

Oh Father, I cry out to you on behalf of my grandma, my mom and my aunt. You created them and You know better than anyone the sorrow in their hearts as well as their grieving thoughts. I pray that they would find sweet shelter under the shadow of Your wings. That you would cause their minds to be stayed on you and that Your peace that passes understanding would flood their souls. I pray that they would be filled with the knowledge of Your will with all wisdom and spiritual understanding. May they cry out to you, "Abba, Father" and find sweet comfort in the truths that you are Father to the Fatherless and Your role of Husband and Protector to the widow.

I pray that you would wipe away any shred of guilt or even desires to have done things differently. You tell us that all the days of our lives were planned out for us before there was even one of them and that even our plans, or lack of plans, do not change Your purposes. May they rest in Your Sovereignty and fight any thoughts that would cause them to run from that sweet truth.

Lord, please be their strength in weakness...both spiritually and physically. May they shine as stars on a dark night as they display Your power at work in them in the midst of such deep suffering. For from You and through You and to You are all things. To You, Lord, be the glory forever! Amen

Grandma, Mom and Aunt Sharon....I love you, I am crying with you and for you and you are held dearer in my heart than words could adequately express!

Comments

Jen L said…
I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know you have our deepest sympathies. We will remember your family in prayer.
Ruth said…
Oh Kristin, I'm so sorry! I think that this is a time when our assurance in Christ is the sweetest! Because He does know and care about us with more compassion and understanding than any human can comprehend! I will continue to pray for you and your family at this sad and difficult time! I love you.
I love you sis...thanks for you beautiful blog and prayer. It blessed my heart!
nwestmama said…
Kristin, again...so sorry for this happening. We are praying for you and your family.
For His Glory said…
I am convinced that there is and will be a sweet blessing that comes from this tragedy. What Satan has meant for evil God means for good...Hold on and rest in God's plan and the ultimate outcome of all this grief your family is experiencing, which I know and am certian because of God's Word, that it will turn out for your joy and for God's glory. Not to make light of any pain and grief you will and must go through. I hope you know what I mean? Love you dear friend.
Bina said…
Kristin, I am so sorry. My heart grieves with yours. Praying this beautiful prayer along side you.

With Christ's love to you and your family, Bina
Kristin,

Thanks for expressing your grief and brokenness over Grandpa's death and your steadfast faith in Jesus Christ at this difficult time. You spoke for all of us; especially, Mom and her precious family. You have put into words the heartfelt "loss of words" we all feel at this time and have beautifully expressed the need for each of us to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. I love you! Dad
Clark Family said…
Our beloved Pichuras,

We are praying for you and your family as you go through this trial. We know that the Lord will be faithful to use this trial for His glory in your lives. We look forward to seeing how He sovereignly works that out, even if we do not fully see until we stand before His throne. We love you!

Robbie, Sumiko, Keanna, Lukas, and Koda
Anonymous said…
Kristin, I will be praying for you and your family. The Lord is truly near to the brokenhearted. May you and your Grandma, Mom and other family members be surrounded with His love and peace.

Lori
Hope said…
Oh honey, I am so sorry. My Grandpa died on christmas so this pain is very fresh. I will make sure that you and your family are in my constant prayers today. With love, Hope
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry for your loss. You & your family are in our prayers.
Matt5verse6 said…
Dearest,

My heart is with you ALWAYS...and especially right now. I'll be praying. ♥♥♥
crystal said…
kristin,
I love you and I am sorry also for your loss and the pain you are feeling for your family!My heart breaks for your family!I will continue to keep your whole family in our prayers.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ,the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our afflictions,so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings,so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

2 corinthians 1:3-5


"I love you,O Lord,my strength.The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,my God,my rock, in whom I take refuge,my sheild,and the horn of my salvation,my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord,who is worthy to be praised,and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalms 18:1-4
Crystal...I love the verse from 1 Corinthians...thank you so much for typing it up and reminding me of it...it's a beautiful truth!
Missy said…
Oh Kristin...my heart grieves for you and your family during this time of loss! My grandfather ended his life as well and I understand many of the feelings that come up when you lose someone this way. It is such a blessing to know that the Lord is with you and hears your cries...grieves with you. Please know that I love you and I'm praying for you and your family.

"Oh, dear heart, what is your condition? Are you torn with anguish? Are you sorely distressed? Are you lonely? Are you pushed aside? Then cry to God. No one else can help you. He is your only hope. Wonderful hope! Cry to Him, for He can help you. I tell you, in that cry of yours will be the pure and true worship that God desires...it is crying to God in the hour of trouble that is the most acceptable sacrifice your spirit can bring before the throne of God." -Charles Spurgeon