WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!!


It is with a heart that is doing cartwheels of praise that I share with you the good news we received today. We have a court date and it's MAY 15TH!!!!!! That is only 6 weeks away, which is such a sweet and unexpected blessing. We figured it would be at least 8-10 weeks away.

Here is what happens on the court date: CWAE staff in Ethiopia will represent us at the court hearing and the boys will be represented by the orphanage director. All the paperwork will be turned in and accounted for. After a, Lord willing,successful court date we will be given an Embassy date for 5 weeks later when we will then go to get the boys. Based on doing some quick math, that could mean we are in Ethiopia right around June 19th!!!

As with any adoption, and with what we have already experienced...this is the "typical" outline of how things should go. In recent months, court dates have been postponed due to various reasons and have had to be rescheduled. The court held a meeting with all adoption agencies back in February in an effort to help curb the many postponements that kept taking place. So, Lord willing, we will pass on the first date!

We are rejoicing as a family to know that these precious boys will, indeed, be apart of our family and we wait with great anticipation to see just when the Lord will bring them home!

"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You." Psalms 39:7


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: My case worker just emailed me back in response to a question that I asked and typically only 50% of all the court cases pass the first time. There are no percentages with God, but please pray that we might fall into that 50% that pass, if it be His will!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!!! My mom and I have been praying for you all, as I am sure so many people are... look how God is blessing!!!!!!! We are so excited for your entire family. With such love, Hope
For His Glory said…
You don't even know how my heart is rejoicing with you guys!! I am so thankful God is allowing these boys to be a part og your family and has planned from the beginning of all time these boys would be your to point to the Saviour!
Kimiko said…
Hooray!!!! We are all so excited and will continue to pray for you all and the rest of the process!!!!
HMPhillips said…
That is fantastic news, congrats!
Anonymous said…
How exciting! We will be praying for God's will and timing. AND, I will pray for your heart and nerves as you wait and prepare to plan for traveling.
wow!! Very exciting and encouraging news!! I am so happy for you guys... :))
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers as the process continues!!!
Anonymous said…
WOW! That was fast! Congratulations, and we will pray that the date sticks!