Birdhouses and Baseball


We headed down to Lowes today (for the first time) for their FREE craft for kids. Today they were offering birdhouses...and so we now have 4 birdhouses waiting to be inhabited! It was really fun and the kids loved swinging a hammer. They came home and painted them, too. I actually set up all the paint stuff on the table and then left the room.:) The mess can be a little overwhelming but they have so much fun...so sometimes it's best for me to walk away and let them go nuts!:)The kids also got to giggling over their daddy's funny antics while we were at Lowes!

Today was also the first day of baseball for Micah. I guess it was more of a scrimmage...so it didn't count as an official win...but they won!:)
Micah played center field and shortstop and he was 1 for 3 at bat. His one hit was a great one though...right into the outfield and brought in 2 runs! Let the games begin!

Comments

Chrissy said…
What a fun idea!!! and I love anything that is FREE. You are the best =)
For His Glory said…
So I have to ask just "HOW" fun it was making those birdhouses?? Hee hee..I ask because when I took my kids once I swore it was the last because I had to sit there reading the directions and trying to nail teeny weeny nails where I had no idea if it was the right spot :) Let's just say next time my hubby will be joining us!
sbenedetti said…
So does Bryan know this photo of him on the toilet can be copied, blown up and printed!!!!! (hee, hee)
Stacey...go for it! That would be hysterical!!! :)
Wendy...it actually worked out great with Bryan there...but you are right..I would have gone nuts on my own:)
Chrissy...I love you dear sister-in-law!!! :)
sbenedetti said…
I think I'll leave that up to Jesse!