Circus Fun!


A "sneak peak" of the animals out in the parking lot after the show!


Titus and my favorite part was the motorcycles in the cage...they had 4 men on motorcycles in there at one time...it was actually kind of scary!:) Micah loved it all and got a big kick out of the clown. Maybe it's time to find some reruns of "The Three Stooges" for him :)


The girls favorite parts involved the dogs and the miniature ponies (sounds like their Nanny!)

The kids and I (along with a friend and her two boys) got to go to the CIRCUS for the first time (my first time too!). When admission is free for kids...it's just not an opportunity to pass up!:) I did sit down with the kids before we left and talked about all the things that they would be so very tempted to want to have and for me to buy for them and how they needed to prepare their little hearts NOW so that they would be self-controlled in their emotions and desires and be thankful for the special privilege of just GOING once we got there!

They really did do well...but, boy their eyes were darting every which way and I could see the struggle going on at times in their heads! At one point, Micah said to me, "Mom, these people must not know what the Bible says about being a good steward..they are just wasting all their money." Warning bells went off in my head as I listened to my precious son who can struggle thinking like a Pharisee just like his mom can! So, it was another opportunity to teach him! "Micah, just because people are spending money on all kinds of things does NOT mean they are sinning or that none of them knows the Bible. But, for our family to do that, well, it just wouldn't be wise and the best use of the money that we do have. So, it's like a lot of things in life...it's not that it is sin, it's just that the Pichura Family is not doing it!"

I have a feeling we will be having many more of these conversations as life goes on. I think it's an easy thing for any of us to do. We look at our life, as though it was the standard, and then compare everyone else to what we are or are not doing...and then make a judgment about the person or situation. Instead, we need to hold up the standard of God's Word and shed HIS light on every situation so that we can be wise and accurate as we seek to be discerning in regards to people and life situations.

"All flesh is like grass and all it's glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the Word of the Lord remains forever."
1 Peter 1:24-25

Comments

For His Glory said…
Awe! I havn't been to a circus in years! How fun...And I love the part of Micah and his thoughts, only Micah, seriously that kid is one watchful kid! And what a beautiful encouragement to him you are:)