I'm pooped!


Okay...so maybe that is not a "gracious" way to title a post...but it's exactly how I feel!:) The last couple weeks have been super busy...and I am still trying to sort out whether some of it was a result of poor planning (that is, planning too much) or not walking in the Spirit and finding God's strength to be perfected in my weakness or God bringing along things that did not "fit" into my plan but He wanted me to do...I am taking my guess that it might be a bit of all three! Not to mention,we did some wonderfully fun things that I wouldn't have traded for anything. But, either way, I sat down last night pretty wiped out and I am feeling a bit tired this morning as well!:)

It reminds me, too, that I am due for a "personal retreat". And I don't mean a day at the spa!:) I was first introduced to the idea of a personal retreat by the gals at Girltalk blog. It really just means taking some time to get away for a couple of hours (or more!), find a coffee shop or a picnic bench and evaluate what you are doing and why you are doing it. Girltalk came up with a great outline to use!

Although this post might seem to have nothing to do with being a godly mom... it has SO MUCH to do with it! Remember...they are watching us and will follow us...and we need to take time (on a regular basis) to evaluate our choices and even daily routines, in light of God's calling for us and the season He has placed us in, and make any changes necessary. I love this verse:

"Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him." 1 Cor. 7:17a

And, for me, that is kind of what a personal retreat looks like...making sure that I am fulfilling GOD'S assignments for me and seeking to please Him most of all! This weekend we have family in town...but Bryan has promised me the next Saturday morning...watch out North Town Coffee Shop...here I come!:)

"Be careful how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of your time because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16

"So teach us to number our days so we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalms 90:12


Comments

Absolutely...get a move on it! :)
crystal said…
WOW!!IAM POOPED #2 AND IAM SERIOUS!!THAT WAS GREAT TO HEAR NOT SO MUCH THAT YOUR POOPED BUT THAT IAM NOT ALONE IN BEING POOPED.SOME TIMES ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN BE POOPED AND IT BE OKAY ONCE IN A WHILE!!AND SOMEONE ELSE IS POOPED TO !:)OKAY THATS ENOUGH FOR ME LOVE YOU!!AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING! MY COUPLE OF HOURS AWAY WILL BE A BABY SHOWER THIS SAT LOL!!I WANT TO COME TO!!LOL
Anonymous said…
I often wonder if I am "pooped" because I am a little old to be having younger kids to raise! :-) I love your retreat idea. What I tend to do is get the kids busy with a safe activity and then lock myself in my room. ha ha

Lori
Jen L said…
I am pooped too! I marked some things on my calendar yesterday and it seems to fill so fast. I looked back on past things on my calendar and wonder where did the time go? I am going scrapbooking Fri Night - that is my therapy! Take care & enjoy the coffee shop.
Thanks, Kristin, for providing that link to the GirlTalk blog post (which then provided me with the Personal Retreat outline!).

I plan to print that off and use it to help me be more intentional (and keep my sometimes "scattered" thoughts on-track!) about evaluating where I'm at/what I'm doing, etc.

thanks, friend!