Loving God's Biblical Standard


This week is proving to be a busy one...I might not get out a post every day :)
I will give you this quote, though, today to chew on!

"The task confronting parents is not to get children to conform to the standard the parents believe to be Biblical. The task is to bring the children TO LOVE that Biblical standard." C.J. Mahaney

Sadly, it's easy to have the attitude of "because I said so" when we really should lovingly be able to say to our kids "because God says so...here let me show you!"

I pray the Lord would give us all a love and passion for His Word that spills over into our KIDS loving His Word! There could be no greater joy for us as parents than that!

Comments

For His Glory said…
It's sooo true! If we arn't joyful in Christ, why would our kids want anything to do with HIm?? If we share with our children the beauty and protection in following God's ways they will learn to see that beauty and want it for their own lives, by God's grace...