A Puzzling Truth


I love the dollar bins at Target! There is honestly some pretty cool stuff in there!:) On Friday, I picked up some trinkets for Samuel and Caleb (for when we are in Ethiopia) as well as a couple of school workbooks and puzzles. You can't beat a puzzle for a dollar! The girls and I put one of the puzzles together yesterday and I couldn't help but think how much my life is like a puzzle.

There were so many times that we would think we knew exactly where a puzzle piece should go but after placing it in...and then trying to push down REALLY hard to try to make it fit :) we would realize that it just didn't belong there. A couple of times a piece actually seemed to fit and it wasn't till many pieces later that we realized something was amiss and we would spend what seemed like way too much time looking at the picture on the box and trying to figure out where we went wrong.

The same is true with me. A situation arises in my life and, without consulting the One Who sees the big picture, I proceed to make plans (even if they be only in my own heart) and start diligently trying to jam this "piece" of my life into the place I deem best. This may take but a moment...or I may spend a day or more trying to make MY purposes prevail. How quick I am to forget Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."

It can only end one way...with a heart of repentance as I place this "piece" of my life into the hands of God with full assurance and trust in HIS plans for me. And then, instead of living in frustration, I can live, once again, in anticipation and excitement to see just where that "piece" really belongs and just how God is going to use it for my good and His glory! And one thing I can rest assured in, is that the picture that is appearing is more glorious than any puzzle I have ever put together for, amazingly, it is the image of my precious Savior, Jesus Christ!

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another..." 2 Cor. 3:18

Comments

For His Glory said…
Only you could blog a post about doing a puzzle (hee hee) I do love the way your mind works dear friend :)
Bina said…
Amen! Cool post.