Thoughts from a Fellow Blogger

Having entered the "World of Blogging" back in December, I am amazed just how many people have their own blogs...how many GODLY people have a blog! I can literally get lost in a maze of blogs...I start at one only to see another blog on their sidebar with an interesting title...and off I go :) From what I can tell...the same thing can happen on Facebook!

In fact, I am planning to set up some guidelines for myself this week in order to keep myself "in check" and not wasting extra time that I do not have or end up being a poor steward of the time God HAS given me. That is a post for another time, though!:)

One gal that I came across (or maybe it was vic-versa?!) has been a blessing to my heart not only by her blog, but by emails that ensued as a result of reading each others blog. She just made a post a couple of days ago on the decision she and her hubby made to pursue adoption again (they adopted two girls from India a year ago). If any of you are interested in adoption, but you have more questions and doubts than answers, I think her post will encourage your heart.

http://lorismusings.wordpress.com/2009/04/07/the-mystery-is-solved/

As for the Pichura Family and our adoption....we keep waiting on the Lord and for the court date on May 15th. We continue to ask for your prayers that, if the Lord wills, this court date might be a success and we can head to Ethiopia to get our boys! We also ask that you join us in praying for the people of Ethiopia...I think it is more heartbreaking than we could even imagine (I got these stats from another blog):
Did you know.....

* * 4 million children are orphaned in Ethiopia, nearly 1 million by AIDS.
* * 1 in 5 children dies before the age of 2.
* * There are 3 doctors for every 100,000 people in Ethiopia.
* * Half of Ethiopia's children under the age of 5 are malnourished.
* * Only 18% of children reach 5th grade.
* * Fewer than 1 in 4 Ethiopians have access to clean drinking water.
* * The average life expectancy in Ethiopia is just 46 years

"Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up Your hand; forget not the afflicted." Psalm 10:12


Comments

For His Glory said…
I actually just read that info somewhere and was grieved! I pray there will be an uprising of beievers to help in this task of caring for the orphan. If believers would even start by just praying if it's God's will for their lives to adopt even if they don't "feel" it...That would be a wonderful start :)...