Typing out a Prayer


A dear friend had asked if I could help her with something via email today and I felt so bad as I emailed back that I just felt like I could not do one extra thing without everything else coming unraveled (ever have moments like that?!). In fact, right before her email I had just been bent over the table, with tears in my eyes, crying out for God's help and strength to sustain me (and no, nothing big going on..just the "day to day" activities feeling overwhelming :) ).

I continued on in what needed to be done, fed the kids and spent a few minutes in the Word and in prayer while I ate lunch and was able to get up from the table praising the Lord for his unfailing love and faithfulness...and STRENGTH! A while later, I headed back over to the computer and saw an email from that same precious friend and, in it, she had typed out a prayer she was lifting before the Throne on my behalf:

Dear God, I ask you to just give Kristin a peace that passes all understanding and that she would "Be still and know that you are God" and that you will walk her through this day as she walks in the spirit and not in the flesh...Give her a gentle answer to turn away wrath and to be an example to her children in all that she is doing to further the gospel today and encourage others in the Lord....May her work be done to glorify You today...May you give her the strength and grace to acomplish all that is set before her and more than that, that she would do it with exceeding joy!! In Jesus' precious name~Amen
Love you dear friend!


To know she had been praying for me...and to "hear" her words although we were not together was such a beautiful blessing to my heart! I also know that my beloved husband,too, has made a habit of asking others how he can pray for them...and then following through by sending an email with his prayer for them included.

It's a habit I would like to pick up, myself. It is so encouraging to know others are praying for you... and it is sweeter still to commune with them before the Throne of God...even if it is in "type print"!

Comments

For His Glory said…
BOY that friend must really love you:)
crystal said…
I do agree with that one your friend does care about you!and how sweet the Lord put you on her heart to touch your heart through a prayer e.mail!I will be praying you have a good weekend and a great next week:)
Matt5verse6 said…
Beautiful. I'll have to remember that...typing out a prayer!

What a blessing to know that someone blesses your heart, encourages you, and prays for you the way you have for me! The body is SO beautiful!!! God is SO indescribably good! :) ♥ And I LOVE watching Him at work!!! My heart is with you.

Much love! ♥