What should your instruction look like?


My conversation with Grace is obviously fresh on my mind...and I couldn't help but be delighted to read the "Girltalk Blog" today which talked about the way we should converse with our kids. Carolyn Mahaney was specifically referring to teens...but I believe with all my heart that these gems of truth should well precede the teen years. Micah, Grace, Faith and Titus can greatly benefit from this council even now!

My favorite part was about not talking too long (go figure that one :) ) and I LOVED the verse they used from John 16:12, "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." How true is that...not only for us...but for our kids, as well?!!

So, click HERE and take a couple of minutes to read...or at least print it out and read it later tonight. You will not be disappointed and your kids will rise up and bless you for it when they are older if you implement it! :)

Comments

For His Glory said…
I loved that too and it stood out to me when I read that!! Just little tid bits here and there are more sufficient at times...
Ruth said…
Good Advice! One of our favorite verses to remind us when talking with our children was (and is) Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." This was not always the easiest to do! Sometimes, I knew by what I said and HOW I said it, that my kids would get angry and tune me out, without even "hearing" what we meant. Thus I was causing them to sin as well as me. The hardest part for me in parenting I think was knowing when to show grace and mercy instead of punishment! I just thank the Lord for praying Grandparents!!!! :)