A book worth reading!!!


"In You, the orphan finds mercy." Hosea 14:3

While I have been on the "down-low" I have had the privilege of reading a book that has been a sweet encouragement to my soul as well as shown a beautiful picture of what adoption looks like...not just on the horizontal level, but first, and most gloriously, on the vertical level with God's adoption of us! One of the quotes by the author, Russell Moore, is: "The question is not IF you should be involved in orphan care but HOW you should be involved in orphan care."

Even if you never plan or feel God's call on your life to adopt...He has called you to care...and He has done so through first adopting YOU into His family! He could have saved you, justified you,forgiven you and sanctified you without ever adopting you but, in the words of Moore, "Adoption is a powerful testimony of God's PERSONAL LOVE for us." And his book, "Adopted for Life" is a book that I would encourage any and all believers to read. Simply to see more clearly the beauty of our adoption into the family of God and just how precious the body,the family of God,should be to us, makes this book worth it's weight in gold!

I was tickled to see a review of "Adopted for Life" done by Tim Challies yesterday and I would encourage you to check it out here

Also,why not pretend you just have had surgery and have some extra time to spare(tee-hee)and take a half an hour and watch this short message given by Russell Moore. I truly believe that God has called us each to use our gifts and to minister to the body and to the world in different ways...but, when it comes to the care of the orphan and widow, we have a common call and,as a result, I believe we can have an "uncommon" response that, together, is more beautiful than we ever thought possible!

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18

Click HERE to watch the message.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I am in the process of trying to organize some time of adoption ministry at my church & I have been reading books like crazy! This sounds great! I hope you're feeling better! :-)
Anonymous said…
I saw this book on Monergism.com and wondered if it was good. I am glad to hear your personal endorsement. I will have to go and listen to the video (when I have time) and read Tim Challies review.
The message you recommended at the end was heart warming and gave me a Godly view on adoption.