A great marriage reminder!


If you are like me, I always have my ears open for encouragement when it comes to my marriage...it is the sweetest relationship that I have ever known, apart from Christ, but it is also the relationship that has and continues to require the hardest of work to keep sweet! So, I am always looking for Biblical truth to encourage me, convict me and help me to be a godly wife! Today, I read a post from my sister in law, Kimiko, where she shared some advice she and my brother had been encouraged with at this past weekends couples retreat they attended at their church. I was really blessed and thought you might be too...click here to get there yourself!

And, while I am on the topic of marriage :), I thought I would share with you Bryan's and my summer marriage book to read. (We have tried the last few years to read a book on marriage over the summer...it just seems to be a good time for us to do that!)
This summer's book is titled, "Tying the Knot Tighter" by Martha Peace and John Crotts. What I really like about the layout of the book is that it is divided into 19 chapters/topics which are only 2-3 pages in length but then have a hefty dose of questions to use for discussion/reflection/application. So you, realistically, should spend a lot of time talking and communicating which is always a good thing!

Comments

Bina said…
Hi Kristin, I'll be praying for your husband's surgery today! I loved the book, Sacred Marriage. Have you guys read "This Momentary Marriage: a Parable of Permanance" by John Piper?

I have blogged about it here: http://abranchinthevine.blogspot.com/search/label/This%20Momentary%20Marriage%3A%20A%20Parable%20of%20Permanence

It's probably my favorite book on marriage. I'll have to check out "Tying the Knot Tighter" too.

Anyway, your blog is such an encourgement to me. Thank you!

Love, Bina
For His Glory said…
That looks like another good book on my list of like 150~ ha ha