If you watch nothing else this week, watch this.


One of my favorite blogs is "Girltalk". It has been a blog that has encouraged me in my walk with Christ in more ways than I have time to type. From Biblical encouragement to fantastic book and CD recommendations to giving me a deeper love for the Puritans and a more beautiful picture of what it looks like to be a godly wife and mother...see, I could go on and on! :) The reason why I tell you all this is that when they make something a high priority on their blog than, to me, it is worth checking out.

Problem is, whenever it is something to listen to or watch that will take more than 5 minutes...I usually don't end up doing it. Come on...be honest...how many of the youtubes and video clips that I have posted on my blog have you actually really watched even though you may read this blog everyday? I bet for some of you, the answer would be NONE, right?!!! And, honestly, that okay! But I will tell you that I learned a valuable lesson today. If I had not heeded the Spirit's prompting and watched the 55 minute (yes...that's right...55 minute!!!) testimony that was posted on Girltalk, I would have missed out on one of the most beautiful, humbling, heart convicting testimonies that I have ever heard. I would have missed out on a blessing from the Lord.

Now, I am not saying that I can watch every cotton pickn' youtube or message that comes through my email or on a blog...but I need to learn to say yes a lot more than I do and be blessed as a result through the testimony or message shared. You can bet I'll pass up a message to listen to because I "just don't have the time" but my favorite show (that is usually even longer than the clip I was encouraged to watch or listen to) most certainly gets watched that night!

It is not my desire to make you (or even me) feel guilty about what you do or do not watch. My desire (not only in this post but in each and every post) is to simply share with you, as transparently as I can, not so much the "sin that so easily entangles" me but, more importantly, the GOD Who gives victory over sin. The beauty of the One Who can actually sanctify me and make me more like HIM!!! And He has called us to encourage and build each other up in the process...and if He can be honored through a clay pot like me than there could be no greater joy to my heart and no greater reason to keep sharing!

Having said ALL that...there is a video testimony that I am pleading with you to watch. I want it to bless you heart as it has mine! It may mean forgoing your favorite TV show tonight, but I promise you, you will not walk away unchanged or wishing you had never listened. Rachel Barkey is a 37 year old wife and mommy dying of bone cancer...and she has a message to share...a message of hope and joy and peace in the midst of pain and grief and suffering. A message that God is good all of the time, even when you are literally dying. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE grab your hubby or a pillow (and a few tissues) and sit down and watch, cry, praise the Lord, rejoice, be convicted, be humbled, be renewed in your Spirit and be reminded that "death is not dying" when you know Jesus and life is not truly lived without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! May we all have the same goals as Rachel.... to know God,to know ourselves,to know the gospel and to know our purpose! And may He be glorified in all of our lives whether by life or by death!

Click HERE to watch her beautiful testimony! Or click HERE to just listen to it. ( I would recommend the video...but I'm for of a visual person:))

"HE must increase but I must decrease." -John the Baptist in John 3:30

Comments

Don't delay plan a time right now to listen to this. You will be very glad you did!!
For His Glory said…
I will try and watch this sometime this month...Thanks for the forward :)
For His Glory said…
Oh My...Thank you for the encouragement to watch this, even though it was in between kids in and out and "moms!!!" I am ever so grateful for the precious reminder that life is too short to complain or want life any other way than what God wants~To glorify Him! I needed that video and I think I may refer to it when I am overwhelmed so that I can see more clearly :)