A Peek into the Pichura's Weekend

This weekend was a full one...but a blessing in so many ways. Friday night we got together with the women (and their families) that had helped plan and put together the fundraiser...and it was great to be together...and also helped keep me from having a "pity party" with all that had gone on that morning. Saturday evening I had the sweet encouragement of a friend who stopped by and told me "I'm planting your garden!" I had honestly given up on the idea of having a garden after having my surgery...I can't tell you what a blessing she was to me in that hour! God used her to answer a prayer I had not even prayed...if that makes sense. Sunday evening was youth ministry at our house and a couple of the gals (and a mom) stayed after for a little while sharing, talking and then praying. My heart was so full of thankfulness to God for that half an hour of fellowship and genuine comfort.

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." I Thessalonians 5:11




It has hit the upper 80's the last few days and Faith, in particular, was begging for some sprinkler fun. I don't think that poor girl has sweat glands (thanks, Nanny!). So, I have a feeling she is going to be begging to get wet most of this summer! :)


Titus cracked us up. He came out of the girls room wearing one of their doll hats on his head, declaring to all of us: "I'm an Israelite!" :)


Tessie has got to be just about the best dog out there. She lets the girls do just about anything with her! :)

Micah and Bryan had a wonderful opportunity to go see the Red Sox play against the Mariners with some dear friends on Saturday. The rest of us watched the game on the TV and had a good time too!

Go Red Sox!!!!


Micah with his friend, Matthew...they had a great time together!


Safeco Field in Seattle

Comments

For His Glory said…
Boy, I bet the guys were in all their glory at that game!
Michelle P said…
So Bryan, what's the deal? You come all the way to Seattle for a game and don't even bother to say hi...it's like you had better things to do with your time or something! ;)
Juli said…
Okay, three things.

1. I love it when God answers prayers I didn't even know I was praying.

2. Titus is too cute. Where did "I'm an Israelite" come from?

3. Sorry, I have to root for the Mariners. Please don't hold it against me ;)

Have a great week.
Juli, my brother just got back from finishing up his senior year in college in Israel and he had been showing him the "yamika" that the Jews wear on the back of their heads...and well, you can see what Titus' translation of all that was :)
So fun to read, and look at the pictures! Thanks for sharing your "weekend" w/ us readers! :)
crystal said…
You guys have way to much fun!I so enjoy seeing all your post because it makes me feel close to you like your in rio:)lol love you