A surgery on the horizon!

It's official. Bryan is having surgery this coming Monday. He saw the surgeon on Tuesday and we were surprised how fast they were able to get him to surgery. He is still unsure of exactly what all the damage is in his knee. The doctor said there was still too much swelling on the MRI to get a real clear picture. We are praying that he will be able to repair everything that is torn and maybe do it lapriscopically instead of with the long incision that might be necessary. The doctor told him to plan on being on crutches for 6 weeks, which I know will be a challenge...not to mention the brace that he has to wear (I just had to show you a picture of it...it's HUGE)! The surgery should only take an hour and a half...and I'll be sure to give you all the gory details when we get back :)

Seriously,I am already praying that the Lord would give me a servant's heart and great sympathy for my hubby and give Bryan joy and patience throughout this whole process. I know that God will use this "trial" to continue to prune us and make us more like Him. My heart is heavy for my dear husband and all that he will not be able to do the first half of this summer. But I am praying that God will give us wisdom and creative minds to find new things for our family to do together besides whiffle ball, bike rides and walks! :)


And, in other news, our dear, soon to be 5 year old son, Titus, LOVES to become whatever it is that he is watching. If it's baseball, the baseball gear gets put on. If it's Narnia, the swords come out along with any Playmobile figurine that looks like it could fit the part. And truly, I could go on and on. Today, he informed me that he needed to dress up like our neighbors ( a couple of boys that have dirt bikes)for our bike ride...this is how I found him a few minutes later and I just had to take a picture! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was just thinking about your husband's knee today when I was praying for you. I thought about emailing to ask. Now, I don't have to. :-)

I will be praying for both of you. I know the frustration of a surgery that limits your physical ability for a long period of time. It really gets old!

I have been praying for your soon to be kiddos too!
TOO CUTE!--that Titus! :0) what a sweet picture!

Oh Kristin--I will pray for you guys: the surgery, the recovery, the "changes" at home, etc. (You guys could always put Bryan in a wagon when the family goes for walks; the kids could pull him. :)
Just kidding...

I do pray the Lord helps you all adjust, and really, I'm glad--for Bryan's sake---that this surgery will finally take care of the knee problems that he has had for some time now. (Yay!!)
Thanks Linda! You had me giggling about the wagon! :) Now THAT would be a picture to post!!! :)
For His Glory said…
Very creative Titus!
crystal said…
Anthony was watching me scroll down on your blog and he seen titus and said "wait mom go back"so I did lol!!And Anthony said"aww mom he looks way cool"I was cracking up:)Titus your so stinken cute!!
Holly said…
Oh Titus! Such a little cutie. Although we have never met him, I think he is one of the cutest and funniest kid ever!