He made it!!

My dear husband was such a trooper today. It was I who had tears in my eyes watching him in the recovery room. I was so thankful for a friend of my hubby's from church (who is very familiar with the type of injury, surgery and recovery Bryan had)who stopped by and was able to join us in recovery. It was a real blessing having his reassurance in that hour!
His surgery ended up starting a bit late...around 11:30 and was completed by 1:15. They did have to "open him up" although I have no clue exactly how many stitches he received, there is way too many bandages over everything. Praise the Lord, he did not tear his miniscus but he did completely severe is ACL so the doctor had to reconstruct that tendon (or is it a ligament?). He struggled with nausea (and the aftermath of it!) after waking up from the anesthesia and that made it hard to get the pain under control in the beginning because he didn't keep the pain meds down. We are thankful to the Lord that the nausea past and he is doing much better now. We got home a little before 5 pm and he has slept a lot but also eaten and gotten up a few times. We are also rejoicing that they did NOT send him home with crutches and he has been told that he can put full weight on his knee as long as his brace is locked.

Bryan will see his doctor for a follow up and to have his stitches removed in a couple of weeks. This week, I have a feeling he will be keeping low, keeping the "ice machine" hooked up to his knee as much as possible and being the recipient of lot of love, hugs and cuddles from the rest of us!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers...it has been such a blessing to know that you care and have been taking my dear husband before the Throne of God throughout today!

Comments

Ruth said…
PTL...it's hard to see the ones we love so much go through so much pain! And yet I think, God loves us even more and how He must hurt when His children go through "pain" knowing that they NEED to, in order to "grow" and be a better servant of His.

I also wanted to know how many pictures you take of Bryan when he's sleeping? Is that the only time he stays still for a picture? :)

I love you and will continue to pray for Nurse Kristin and her many "candy strippers."
Anonymous said…
Prayed a lot for all of you yesterday!

It is always harder to be the loved one watching the other one go through something than being the one doing it! Well, at least at first. :-) Bryan's recovery will be harder for him!

Still praying about God's timing with Ethiopia.
For His Glory said…
Okay I'm sorry, but I was cracking up at the "before" pic, because you can totally tell that you made him stand there for a pic and he's all like, "Are you serious??"

On a serious note, tell Bryan to use a little self-tanner to even out that leg....Love you guys!!
nwestmama said…
Wow, that sounds like a lot of pain! I hope he is feeling better today!

I agree, the self tanner would even those legs right out!!
"Is that a brace on Bryan's knee? I cant really tell from the white glare of his left thigh?" Jesse
crystal said…
I have to agree and keep the self tanner going so "yes bryan you need a bit of self tanner lol"hee hee:)I will be praying that he heals well and no infections happen!lots of love
crystal
(Funny---I didn't notice the glare until Jesse mentioned it!:0)

Praying for a great recovery!! And so glad that Bryan is able to do w/out crutches! What a "plus"! Take care, you guys.