Memorizing with Music


“Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee” Psalms 119:11

We are called in Romans to be "transformed by the renewing of our minds" and in 2 Corinthians to "take every thought captive to obey Christ". Truth is, though, we cannot do that without KNOWING the Word of God...so I am always delighted to hear about new avenues to help me (and my family) hide God's Word in my heart! If you know me very well, you know that I LOVE Bible verses put to song and one of my friends from California directed me to her churches website for some FREE Bible verse music. North Creek Church in Walnut Creek, California has put 12 verses into song, one for each month of the year, and has made them available for downloading!!!

I'll be honest, the songs are more on the quiet and "soft" end of the spectrum...but, in my opinion, that makes them PERFECT for listening to as we all go to bed!!! I can't think of a better way for our kids or us to fall asleep than to the words of our Lord and Savior!!! In fact, Titus knows how to get comfortable even during the day when he listens to God's Word!:) I heard the "Seeds" music blaring in the family room and when I walked in the room, I cracked up! The above picture is what I saw. :)

Just click HERE and you'll have 12 more reasons to fall deeper in love with Jesus!

"I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your Word." Psalm 119:15-16

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for that link! I am definitely going to download that for the girls to listen to at bedtime. They love their "Jesus" music - as they call it. :-)
Kimiko said…
Cool, One of the pastors there used to be the chairman of the Elder board at Placerita Baptist, and another pastor there is the one that is also adopting from Ethiopia (Kent Dresdow). I beleive the church your referring to is in Walnut Creek, not Walnut Grove.

Love ya

James
Juli said…
Hi Kristin,

Just a note, Northcreek is in Walnut Creek, not Walnut Grove :) Thanks for posting this.
Thanks guys!!! I corrected it! :)
Anonymous said…
You were just channeling Little House on the Prairie!
Thanks, Lori :) tee-hee
crystal said…
Okay your son is stinken cute!and I want to eat him up:)
For His Glory said…
I want to live in Walnut Grove with Laura Ingalls....