A Peek into the Pichura's Week

Our life has been pretty crazy lately... and I am not sure if it is going to stop anytime soon.:) We have had to establish a bit of a "new routine" with Bryan not being able to drive and not do the things he normally does. I have realized just HOW MUCH my husband does to help our home and family run smoothly now that he is not able to do so! It has made me all the more thankful for the wonderful man that I get to call my husband!!! Here is a peek into the last few days of our life!

Grace and Faith "unintentionally" both wore white shirts and jean shorts yesterday and they were so pleased to be "matching". I just had to laugh seeing how they SHARE the same bedroom, but didn't seem to notice!:)


Titus learned to ride his two wheel bike without training wheels on Sunday. I am not sure that "learned" is the right word...he literally had it from the word go! He was so excited!!!


I took the kids to McDonalds yesterday after they all got their teeth cleaned. Micah had one less tooth to clean as he managed to wiggle another one out this past weekend!:) The kids were so excited to get their OWN Happy Meal and their own soda too!


Bryan went to the doctors yesterday and had his stitches removed and no longer has to wear any bandages over his knee which makes him much more comfortable. The doctor was encouraged with how things looked but also told him he has already lost a lot of muscle. Next Tuesday, he starts physical therapy to hopefully help strengthen his leg and gain full mobility of it. He will still be wearing the brace for the next month or so and is not allowed to drive yet. I'll be honest, it will be such a blessing when he can drive again! :)


This is our garden. I am not sure just how much produce it will give us...but I took this picture because I wanted to show you what you can't see...weeds!!! Here is the thing...I did not weed it. I have to tell you the story. I had finished making lunch and fighting back tears. I just was feeling drained...both emotionally and physically...and there was such a long list of things that needed to be done. As I prayed for lunch with the kids, I also just asked God for HIS strength...a strength that is perfected in my weakness...and that He would give me joy as I worked and that He would give us all a servant's heart. I proceeded to head out to my garden to water it (it had been a few days) and to see just how long I was going to have to weed for (it was getting really bad again!). I literally stood in shock as I looked at my garden. It looked BEAUTIFUL and there was not a weed to be found. A precious friend had blessed my socks off and weeded my garden for me without me having a clue. And, without knowing it, had been used by God to strengthen and encourage me when I was feeling very weak. It was such a precious gift...a labor of love that I won't forget!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your garden is beautiful. I love how God uses people to bless us. How sweet of your friend to surprise you like that!

So glad to hear that Bryan is healing - albeit slower than both of you would like! :-)
Ruth said…
Hey...an example of our Small Group Study lesson! How GREAT is our God?!

You continue to be in my prayers!
I thought the exact same thing, Ruth! My Barnabas!!!
crystal said…
Aww I want a garden to Kristin!It looks very beautiful I must say:)God is good ha?He blesses us with such great friends.
For His Glory said…
Wow, I love how God uses people to bless us and in totally unexpected ways...I am really impressed with your garden girlfriend!!