Smiles (and pouts) from Ethiopia!

Every morning I turn on the computer and log in to my email in hopes that there will be some more information on how our boys are doing or, even better, some pictures! Today, we got pictures...a bunch of them!!! We were all giggling and laughing in delight at seeing the boys in the foster home in Addis. They look great and happy, too! It's hard to believe that, Lord willing, in less than a month we will be seeing them with our own eyes!!!





This picture was just a good reminder that our dear boys are sinners just like the rest of our children and just as in need of God's saving grace as we all are...plus, it made me chuckle, too :)


I also thought this might be a good time to mention the donations that we would like to take over to Ethiopia...and see if any of you might be interested in helping us. There is a need and shortage for so many things both in the foster home and in all 3 orphanages and we are excited to be able to help meet at least a few of those needs.

I emailed my CWA caseworker and here were some suggestions. They might not be items that you would put on your weekly grocery list...but they are, none the less, the most pressing needs. We also plan on taking some "fun" stuff too, to leave at the foster home...like deflated soccer balls and jump ropes and maybe some pads of coloring paper and crayons...but here are some of the big needs:

*Diapers
*Formula (Similac...in individual serving packets, I guess they seem to "travel" best)
*Shampoo for treatment of lice
*Anti-fungal cream for ringworm
*De-worming tablets
*Tylenol
*Ibuprophen
*Children's Multi-Vitamins
*Antibiotic Cream
*Toothpaste
*Hand Sanitizer
*Disposable Latex Gloves

When parents go over to pick up their kiddos, it is one of the best ways to get supplies to the foster home and orphanages...so we are excited to do our part in "supporting the fatherless" (Psalm 146:9)

Comments

Holly said…
They are such cute little boys. I'm sure you're just dying to see them and wrap your arms around them and love on them. I couldn't help but notice the necklace that Samuel was wearing..wondering where it came from and if it was something special from his mom.
Anonymous said…
I bet it is starting to feel more and more real, huh? :-) You are gathering supplies! So much fun to deliver those goodies to the kids.

I had a friend who took Costco (Kirkland) formula and instead of leaving it in the can they dumped it into bags that they then vacuum sealed. If someone has one of those handy dandy machines, that would work well and might be more cost effective.
I was wondering the same thing, Holly..funny you mentioned it...I guess I'll find out soon! :)

And, Lori...thanks for the idea...I was wondering how to make that more cost effective!
For His Glory said…
OH my word!!! Ahhh...I can't believe they will be here soon Kristin!!! So exciting and carzy that you are going to AFRICA in a month!! So cute are the pics!!!
Michelle P said…
Kristin-
I love all the pictures! They are so cute...can't wait to meet them!
We have a vacuum sealer so maybe you could check with the orphanage to see if that's okay...we could do up a bunch when you get here?
Love ya
Thanks Michelle...I am actually going to email my caseworker right now and see if that is possible! Love you too!
crystal said…
Aww Kristin thanks for the pictures!those boys are adorable and I so want to see them:)The picture of them sitting down was that like a time out picture?It is really cute!but at the same time its not funny if they are on time out lol but there expressions are funny!!