We have much to anticipate!


I read the most amazing text two days ago as I continue reading through the Bible. It was a text that was beautiful in the past when I read it before but I am blown away with how quick I was to forget the account. This year I am determined to meditate and dwell on it so that I am not so quick to forget. I encourage you to read all of 2 Kings 7 but, in a nut shell, here is an overview.

The Aramean Army besieged Samaria to the point where the Israelites were eating their own children (disgusting, I know..but true...read it for yourself!). The king of Israel is desperate and blames the prophet Elisha and seeks to kill him. Elisha tells the messenger that the next day, about the same time, the Israelites would be in want of nothing and have all the food they could possibly need. Seems impossible...but that is exactly what happened! The Lord caused the Arameans to hear what sounded like chariots and horses...a great army...and they fled leaving everything behind. Four leper's came into the camp, saw the great bounty and, just like that, God had kept His Word through Elisha and had done what seemed impossible in less than 24 hours!!!

"Our God is in the heavens; He does all the He pleases." Psalm 115:3

"Whatever the LORD pleases, He does,in heaven and on earth,in the seas and all deeps." Psalm 135:6


Nothing is to difficult for our Heavenly Father...and this text has been a beautiful reminder to me that God will accomplish His purposes and He may choose to do it in a way that just blows our minds. In a way that is beyond our wildest comprehension (like how we feel about our adoption). Or, He may display is glory in the most quiet of ways as He did to Elijah on Mount Horeb (I Kings 19)when He came not in the great, strong wind, nor the earthquake or the fire...but in the sound of a gentle blowing.

God is alive and at work doing as He pleases for our good and for His glory. Join me in watching and waiting with excitement to see how He is going to work in your life and mine...whether it be in mind blowing ways or in a gentle breeze...we have much to anticipate!

"Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

Comments

Matt5verse6 said…
Beautiful! I'm so thankful God placed that on your heart. Thank you for sharing.

Much love and prayers! ♥