A Wild Week!


What a whirlwind of a week it has been...we have been busier than I would like, but we have also done some special things, too. I will be honest, though...I have started walking around the house picking up things and putting them down in the wrong place, starting a chore and then walking off in the middle of it and just plain feeling scatterbrained! I am hoping it passes soon or else we are all in trouble!:)

It started last Friday as Bryan, Micah and Titus left for an father/son overnight camping trip with our church. (And yes, Bryan was in pain and exhausted when he got back but they all had a great time!). The boys loved shooting a "real" gun! The girls and I enjoyed feeding the ducks and
spent Saturday afternoon with some other gals from our church watching Ginger Plowman's fantastic DVD series on parenting. I would HIGHLY recommend them (and her books, "Don't Make Me Count To Three" and "Heaven at Home")! They both wanted to sleep with me since Daddy was gone...and I they wanted me to sleep in the middle. I took a picture of them for fun and then I couldn't help take another one when I went to go get ready for bed :) The 2nd picture was a foretaste of how my night sleep went in between the girls!:)

The end of last week we also received two very BIG checks from The Lydia Fund (through John Piper's church) and Shaohanna's Hope. SUCH A BLESSING!!!! We knew we had received grants from them, but we could not receive the money until our court date went through.

And then yesterday, not only did we have the pure delight of finding out the boy's birth certificates came through but Bryan also had his first physical therapy appt. He has about an hour of work to do on his own each day and he is determined to work REALLY hard so that he can be well enough to walk on his own when we leave for Ethiopia. He still can't drive...so I am looking forward to the day he is released to do that too!:) Faith had a doctor's appt. in the afternoon and she will be joining the list of Pichura surgeries as she will be getting her tonsils and adnoids out on August 7th! In between both appointments, we got a flat tire...and it just so happened (of course, by the grace of God) that we had pulled into a parking lot to eat when we heard and literally saw the air coming out of our tire. PRAISE THE LORD we were not on the side of a main road somewhere...and praise the Lord for AAA!! While we ate, they came and fixed the tire and off we went! :)

Never a dull moment in the Pichura home and there is certainly never an opportunity not to depend on Christ! I will be honest, though. I find my mind so quickly wandering with all that still needs to be done and all that is happening presently that I am realizing I need to pray and ask the Lord to help me to be disciplined in my thinking. To take my thoughts captive to obey Christ (2 Cor. 10:5) and to seek to examine my meditations to make sure that they are pleasing and acceptable in the Lord's sight (Psalm 19:14). That in my "scatterbrained" existence I would still be careful as to how I am walking..."not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time"...(Eph. 5:15-16). And I have to keep reminding myself with words that CJ Mahaney has quoted many time, "Only God gets His "to do" list done every time!"

Comments

Matt5verse6 said…
I love your post...can't put into words exactly why though. I suppose because I can see how God is growing you and I am tickled...if that makes any sense. :) I am not amused by your business and challenges but rather I can see His image a little more clearly in you and it makes me giddy with joy. :) ♥ Love ya lady!
Hey you! Sounds all too familiar! But, I'm so excited for the boys to come to their new home!!!! I cannot wait to meet them. We will be praying for the upcoming trip. Love you guys!!!
crystal said…
o0o0o0o0 kristin lol :) I love you and I believe my sister sounded the same way before getting her little ones(I hope she doesnt mind me saying that)hang in there and always remember the brazil family has been praying for your family!!!I love to see God working in you girly.:)I love ya!!