Camping at Rimrock

We were all very tired and even more dirty as we pulled in to our house this afternoon but also so thankful for the time that we got away with our dear church family (well, at least some of them!:)).

We really did have a great time and it was so neat to see 16 kids playing together non stop...well, there were a lot of breaks asking for help, asking for a drink, wanting something to eat, needing help with a life jacket, wanting a sweatshirt put on, needing to go to the bathroom, wanting to play in the camper, did I mention needing to go to the bathroom :), wanting to hold a puppy, needing to put pants on, finding tissue to wipe noses and, yes, going to the bathroom AGAIN!!!!:)It was a lot of fun!!!

Isn't it amazing how the blood of Christ...His salvation...His adoption...places you into a whole new family, a beautiful family and you can have nothing else in common but because of Christ you are friends...family!!! I just love it!!!

Here are a few pictures to show you just how much fun we had with our adopted family!






It got pretty cold (colder than we had planned!) at Rimrock and Caleb kept making sure I new about it!:) I couldn't help but giggle and take a picture of one of the ways he let me know. He held up two fingers and said: Mom "two" cold!:)


The trip was the first time Samuel and Caleb had eaten hot dogs and, once again, Caleb had me laughing when I looked over and saw how he was eating it...just like corn on the cob!

Comments

Ruth said…
I'm so glad you got to go and have fun! I would have loved to have been there...but you know me and dirt :)

I'm rejoicing with you too that Christian Friends are the BEST!!!!
For His Glory said…
That is stinkning hillarious (the hotdog)! The place you camped at looked beautiful! What an exhausting, fun, ol time :)
Thanks Caleb for bringing a smile to my heart! You've taught me a new way to eat Fenway Franks! Also, what Mom didn't tell us is how "cold" is "two cold." I checked, and the low that night was 41 degrees ... in a cheap Mickey Mouse sleeping bag. That is certainly borderline child abuse:)
crystal said…
eww Kristin your dad needs a TIMEOUT!!!LOL WHAT A STINKER!!I am glad you had crazy fun with your church I have to wonder if its funner to come home or going camping when you have young kids lol!!
Matt5verse6 said…
Wow, it looks like such a beautiful place to go camping! I'm glad everyone had a great time in God's breathtaking creation! Love you guys and miss you lots! ♥