Happy Birthday Linnea....and other news :)

There is so much I want to share, little things the Lord is teaching me, but just not enough time in the day to write it all, it seems! :) So, for now, I am perfectly content and overjoyed to share with you the most wonderful news of the day....my baby sister, Kimberly, just had her first baby, Linnea Joy Johnson. She weighed in at 6 pounds 5 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long.
My sister has sought to glorify the Lord both in her pregnancy and even her labor and delivery (she actually read a paper on glorifying the Lord in your labor and delivery! I can't wait to read it myself!) and I believe the Lord blessed her greatly in a quick delivery (although, not painless!). She woke up at around 3:15 am and had sweet girl at 9:37 am!!! As her big sister (and only sister), my heart aches to be there and share in the joy but I am so thankful that my mom is there and will be there for another week!


In other news...Caleb had his first cavity filled today. It was shallow so they only needed to do the "gas". In true Caleb form, it did not relax him but got him giggling and talking even more.:) He did GREAT though, not even a squirm! I don't know if that will be the case tomorrow afternoon...he has to get his second, deeper cavity filled and the dentist will have to give him a shot for that one!

Before the dentist appt., I made a trip out to Walmart for some things we need for our Church Family Camp this weekend and had the blessing of meeting up with two precious gals (sisters) from our church. They were SO SWEET and took the kids while I got the groceries I needed. The picture says it all as to where and how I found them when I was done! I am glad that Walmart "theater" doesn't charge for seating! :) They also taught the kids "Cat's Cradle" when we got back to the house...Samuel is a whiz and both he and Grace cracked me up at how excited they got each time they were able to complete one the right way! Sarah and Lori...thank you SO much for your servant's hearts...for showing my kids the love of Christ...I pray my girls grow up to be like you!

This morning I read a Proverb that I have read many times before and have been blessed and encouraged by it each and every time. I know I said I only had time for updates...but my fingers are typing pretty fast and my brain hasn't shut off yet...so let me share and hopefully your heart will be encouraged, too!:)

"Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox." Proverbs 14:4

Maybe I am a little goofy in the head...but I always have felt this relates so beautifully to life with our kids (and no..I don't think they are cows!). How often do I wish my house was clean and that it would stay that way for more than a few minutes. How often do I get discouraged in having to do the same tasks over and over again because things get messy SO FAST! But having a clean house all the time would mean that I did not have children messing it up, did not have little feet making muddy marks all over the bathroom floor, did not have sweet little fingers leaving marks on the wall and chairs and wherever else their hands went before they got washed up. It would mean that I would not have some of the greatest blessings the Lord has ever given me and I would not have the sweet privilege of raising them up to, prayerfully by the grace of God, be little fruit bearers for the kingdom of God...to produce an abundant crop! Not because I can make them bear fruit but because God chose to use the means of me, their mom, to help accomplish His purposes in them!

So, I am learning that, while there will come a day when my house stays clean for more than 5 minutes, I should rejoice that that day is not now and thank God for the blessing of a mess!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a beautiful baby!

I loved what you said about having a clean house would mean that your house was empty of children. I kind of had that for almost two years after Grant died and Kelsey was a teenager (quiet and to herself) and before the girls came. The house felt empty and cold. Now, when the girls drive me crazy leaving stuff laying around or running through the house and being loud I remind myself of that quiet, sad time. What a blessing children are and what an opportunity they give for growth in our own lives.
Your laugh for the day.--- When I saw the top picture on your blog today, I was intially quite confused. I thought, "WHAT is Kristin doing in bed with that other man, and how could she have had another baby without me knowing it?" It is early in the morning, and I am medicated.......so that might explain the confusion.....OR not!

Marie Burns
That is hysterical, Marie...you did have me laughing, that is for sure!!! :)
For His Glory said…
Oh My word...She is precious!! What a joyful day this is!

Loved the reminder of the greatest and sweetest gifts we posess; our children...God has really stripped me down in this area, I have always been a very clean, neat, and tidy person, however, I've been learning that "PEOPLE"(children especially) are more important than my obsessive cleanliness... I do think it very important to also make sure the children know how to keep an orderly, clean home as well...I guess, it's just finding that balance :)