One Month Home!


Today, August 17th, marks one full month since we have had Samuel and Caleb in our home. In some ways it seems like they have always been apart of our family and in other ways, it is still very real that they have only been here a month!

For many of you who try to imagine having 6 children, 2 of whom do not speak English,all within 5 years of each other, you may feel that it would be your worst nightmare:), you can't imagine the day in and day out living and the craziness that ensues...but I just want to tell you that what God calls you to, He gives you the grace to carry out...and not just the grace to carry it out, but the joy as well! I can't tell you how many days I have sat back after they are in bed just praising the Lord for His sustaining grace...the day was harder than I could have imagined but God's grace was right there to not only match, but surpass the trials! It has been full of stretching, full of exhaustion, there have been many tears, many frustrations, many "I don't know what to do"...but there has also been the ever present reality that "The joy of the Lord is my strength".

If there were never any trials, we would never see the need to depend on Christ. We would feel like we have it all together...have everything under control. We would begin to live as though God did not exist. How can we not praise Him for the "days of rain" when they are what keep us close to our Heavenly Father?! I don't know what the Lord may be calling you to...how He may be asking you to "store up for yourself treasures in Heaven", but I do know that, as you obey Him, you will see His faithfulness in breathtaking ways, learn that His plans are unimaginably glorious, that His strength and power are limitless and that what may seem impossible is no match for the God in Whom all things are possible!

We are praising the Lord for this past month and look forward with excitement at all the months to come as a family of 8!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That was beautifully put! Thank you for sharing that - I needed it!
I am using one of your quotes as my Facebook status (and giving you credit)......because it SOO spoke to my heart.

Marie Burns
Jen L said…
God Bless You today! Thanks for the encouraging post.
Juli said…
Wow, I can't believe it's been a month already. Where has the time gone?
crystal said…
I love this postt Kristin!As I know these truths to be so true in every way possible!I love "the rain"because without it I wouldnt be dependent on the Lord!you are so right when you say God gives you all you need to get through your trial that he has given each one of us to travel down.Thank y ou so much for sharing this post with me.Oh congratulations on having your boys for a month!love ya
For His Glory said…
Wow! One month already! It seems longer though to be honest...Precious pictures :)
So the first thing I saw was the picture and I thought, "It's Kristin! No, wait---she has a baby! It can't be Kristin!", and then I read on...

Yay! So happy for your little sister's first baby!!
Anonymous said…
I cannot believe it has been 1 month already!!!! Where has the time gone??? You have such a beautiful family....God is SO GOOD, isn't He?!?! Thank you SO MUCH for all of your encouraging thoughts & prayers...they are SO appreciated!!! Blessings & love, Mary