Rejoicing in Our Day


Today started in a way that made me want to go back to bed.:) Faith crying that her throat her, the kids fighting over who knows what...and, as I was praying for strength, a very common verse came to mind and reminded me that living it out is actually very uncommon...in fact, it's impossible apart from Christ:

"This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."

I was so thankful for that very needed reminder from the Lord...the reminder that THIS day, THESE moments were from the Lord for my good and His glory and, as a result, that should leave me rejoicing and glad in HIM...and with that our day got underway. I came out to find the boys cuddled up together (which is always a precious sight!). Actually, Titus was already dressed and desperate for some breakfast but I made him whip of his shirt and dive in so he could be apart of the picture!:)

We finally headed out today to run some much needed errands. I have not been out of the house since Faith's surgery. And with Micah's ear infection and then Samuel throwing up (just once each night tonight and last night...we think it was from the antibiotics they have had him on...he finished up today and we are praying that he returns to normal or we'll head to the doctors again. On a side note, it was so awful having him in pain and throwing up and I couldn't understand, and he couldn't explain exactly how he felt to me...made my heart hurt for him)...anyway, even Walmart felt like a treat today!:)

We made a stop at the library too...something I have only done a couple of times since we have moved here...and, well, the picture says it all :) Bryan says he wanted to write today's blog post and say: "A picture is worth a thousand words but this picture only needs 4: MY WIFE IS INSANE!!!"
It's a long story...but to make a long story as short as possible...my daughter Grace was just beside herself over wanting this pup...and although we are not a family that gives in to wants, this one we decided to allow. There are LOTS of stipulations...she is responsible for every aspect of taking care of this dog...FENWAY is his name (after the Red Sox baseball stadium of course! He is a $30 Jack Russel/Pomeranian mix:)))...from feeding to potty training to learning how to use the steam cleaner when the potty training doesn't go so well...or we find the dog a new home. Sounds heartless, I know, but taking on a dog, even if it is only the size of my shoe, is not as simple as it sounds...and we had to lay the groundwork for this adventure :)(She seems to be taking it pretty serious...before dinner she said she thought maybe she should take a nap because she might be up tonight with the dogs :)) Plus...there is another one just like it living with us.:) The plan is to potty train them both together and then give the other one to my parents.
As I write this I am starting to wonder if maybe I really am insane!!! The verdict just may be out on that one!:) I am sure I will have plenty of stories to tell, if nothing else!:)

Comments

Kristin said…
INSANE!!!!! But very cute. We start our travel back to OK on Friday (WITH OUR DOG-GINGER). Have fun potty training :)You know you will have to help you crazy woman!
Dear Animal Rescue League Lady,

Yes, you are insane! BTW, the word "parents" should be singular, "parent." Your Mom is the one who decided to embrace your emotional rescue mission for dogs. Actually, I think this adoption idea has gone too far! :) And, now everything is in "two's," too. Why couldn't you have just given them your library card, check the dogs out for two weeks, then return them like we do everything else we borrow from the library? Instead, you convinced Mom that I need to clean the yard every other day or learn how to lay new carpet once a month. Thanks for your willingness to "potty train." I'm not too good at training animals. Are you? They tend not to listen to me (is it because i hit them?) And the idea of given him a treat every time he does what he ought, goes against my parenting preferences. Also, Mom wants to name him "Jack," since you took my name "Fenway Park' er" for the other creature. I was thinking "Bullpen" might be a good second choice, but I couldn't convince the new owner. How does "dugout," "grandstand," bleachers" or "Rem-Dawg," sound? Of course, we'd call him "Remy" for short. Please, anything but "Jack."

Just so you know, I've been told that I paid $30.00 for this pet. What a bargain! What I intend to do is teach him how to talk, then sell him for $300.00 to another emotional lady who is insane enough to talk back. We'll see how it goes.

PS. If the potty training takes longer than you anticipated, please go back to the library and check out the book, "How to train a Jack Russell Pomeranian Mix." You will find it in the mental health section of the library where apparently you will be spending more time in the coming months (according to your husband); and especially if this dog business doesn't work out favorably.

Well, because you are my daughter, I love you still and look forward to meeting Mom's new pet when he's fully trained (about 5 years from now:)
Anonymous said…
What a cute puppy! I won't even tell you how many times a week I secretly long for my dog's demise. :-) He is 8 years old so we have had him awhile.

I loved your simple reminder to preach to ourselves the word of God that with our obedience to do that He supplies the grace to accomplish what He wants in us.

I am so glad to hear that Samuel seems to be better. It is hard when you can't communicate - for both of you! I pray that Faith will continue to heal.

Take care and welcome to the nut house!
Juli said…
Some people will do anything to come up with blog postings, won't they?

I love that verse and God brings it to my mind frequently. Hope today starts off better for you and I'll be looking forward to all your great puppy stories. He is a cute puppy and I love the name Fenway. That's just great :)

Juli
For His Glory said…
Oh My...I can officially agree with you that, YOU ARE INSANE!! Where did they come from and why do you have two? I didn't quite understand that part...Prayerfully it will be a good thing and not a heartbreak in the end :) And Grace has a new "baby" to take care of, I guess Tessie grew up hah?
Holly said…
Oh Kristin.....i don't know what else to say.....
Ruth said…
You ARE!!! (insane i mean :) ) But that is what i love about you!!! :)

Grace will never forget this either! I'm so proud of her for taking on this huge responsibility...but I KNOW she can do it!

So I know of some Kittens needing adopting! :)
Jen :L said…
I wouldn't say insane, I would just say you've lost your mind! Thankful the Lord is on your side!
I know, I know...but, just so you all know, I did do this with Bryan's permission :) And, actually, I am not planning on doing much myself. Grace learned how to use the steam cleaner this morning from Daddy!

Dad...too funny! :) I actually like the name dugout! :)

Love you...and know that I can find the pup a home if you don't want it:)
Tessie

I've given it some thought and much prayer, overnight. Would you convince Grace that you want to come live with Grandma and Papa? I think our bonding time at the coast last month created a soft spot in "Fenway Park 'er's heart for a Yorkipoo; and you seemed to be very happy, too.

Besides, if I have to go to the library to check out any books on dogs, I can remember "Yorkipoo." The breed of this new dog sounds like a drink mix that I wouldn't like and can't remember.

Tessie, please get back to me once you have talked to Grace. Thanks!
crystal said…
Your dad seriously is a crack up I think you take after him in this department lol!!!Actually Kristin I would have done the same thing but of corse my hubby on the other hand would have said NO.I adopted 3 dogs in my married life I didnt ask for 2 of them and we ended up not being able to keep them and they were stinkers! I asked for the one we have now and my hubby said yes and we managed to keep her!She is a great dog!I guess I am glad your hubby said yes!!and Grace is probly all happy!!
crystal said…
one last thing your boys are so adorable in the picture!!there is nothing like have little boys!!I know what bryan is doing!! MAKIN HIMSELF A BASE BALL TEAM LOL
Michelle P said…
Sounds like majority rules Kristin...you're nuts!!! :) Is this traveling circus going to be staying with us in 2 weeks? ;)
Matt5verse6 said…
Okay, I cannot say anything here since I have three dogs (pug, boston terrier, boxer) who insist on sitting on the furniture, getting into the kitchen garbage can from time to time, drink out of the toilets, and drag our backyard into the house...perhaps I should take your dad's advice and check out a book at my local library about how to address dogie behavioral issues. :)