A Sweet Saturday

It was another busy weekend and my creative writing juices were all used up on living instead of writing:)

Saturday was a sweet day for me...I got to spend some extra special time with a few of my favorite people (not all, but a few of them!:)). The day started out with Bryan in the kitchen, which is always a sweet thing!:) Daddy made Samuel's day by making eggs in a nest for him and the rest of the kiddos! Samuel loves eggs!

I took the girls out for a long overdue mom and daughter time! We headed to North Town (of course!) and I was so excited to give them a couple of special gifts....Starbuck's mugs that I had been holding onto since Valentine's Day clearance (gotta drink a hot (or iced) drink like mom does when she has her quiet time!) and devotional books to help them form a habit and grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord. We had bought one for Micah to do when he first started reading well and I completely forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago. They have the "girl counterpart" and we ordered it for Grace and Faith. I really like the set up...a verse, a story, some questions, a prayer and a small activity. It's not super deep but it is also not overwhelming and was a great way to help Micah develop the habit of Bible Study. The girl's book takes a look at a bunch of women in the Bible...and I am praying that it is a blessing in their lives!

So, anyway, we went over the devotional book so they understood the set-up and then we put together a puzzle! I am really enjoying doing puzzles with the girls once in a while! Our local Value Village (like a Goodwill) has used puzzles for .99 cents and I have gotten in the habit of picking up one or two when I go there.

And, that night, I had the privilege of going on a date with my husband...the first date since being home from Ethiopia! (Thank you Benedetti's!!!) After dinner we went to a park and just walked and talked and walked and talked (Bryan's knee held up for about a mile and a half!)...it felt like when we were newlyweds! Truth is, though, I would never want to go back to those days. I was selfish, my love for Bryan was, so often, conditional instead of unconditional. The Lord has done some serious work on my heart...and I know He has so much more to do...which excites me to think that our marriage will continue to get better and better (and it already is so precious!) as we become more like Christ and continue to grow in our understanding of God's love in our marriage.

I have other things to share...but I'll give it to you in bite size pieces this week!:)

Comments

Matt5verse6 said…
Hey, thanks for posting about the devotional. Currently I have "Plants Grown Up" but I also wanted something the kiddos (including T. who seems to be very interested) could do on their own more so than with my help. I think I'll get the "Gotta Have God" and then something for T. but I don't want it to be too overwhelming. Perhaps I'll get her the "God and Me: Devotions for Girls" ages 10-12 even though she's older than that. (She struggles with staying focused but I don't want it to be too young for her, either.) Hum...I'll have to pray about it. :)

Anyway, I'm thankful for the encouragement! I feel I can never teach enough about God and Christ Jesus.

Miss you lots and much love! ♥
For His Glory said…
Awe...How fun and what a blessing to be blessed with date nights! WHat precious moments you shared this weekend like you said! ANd what in the world is eggs in a nest?
It was a sweet Saturday for you. What a blessing
Chrissy said…
Thank's for a new breakfast idea!!! I am always looking for new things to make (I googled how to make them, though they are very simple)....the kids LOVED them....and I am also looking into those devotionals...what would I do with out you....in more ways then one!!! Love ya =)
I'm thrilled to read that your husband, Bryan, took you out for a date! What a man! Thanks Bryan for living up to the promises you made to my daughter when you said "I do" 11.5 years ago. I knew I could count on you :)